cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diabetic retnal screening anyone?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Diabetic retnal screening anyone?

Just been for my annual check. Got a different guy who was a bit of a jobs worth.
Usually when I visit the optician or the  OP dept. if I need eye drops they just say don't drive for a couple of hours, but this guy went on about "Invalidating insurance" etc if he was to use drops and I was to drive after.  Undecided
Anybody else had this said to them?
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Diabetic retnal screening anyone?

I suppose he was just covering his back Undecided
jmd
Grafter

I had this done for first time last January and was glad I had not driven but used the bus!  I think he was been very protective.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

The first time I had drops put in was in the opticians. Yes it opened my eyes ( Wink) but not to the point of making me unable to see properly. If it had been a sunny morning (rather than overcast) then maybe there would have been some cause for concern but as it was  Huh
I have never had to have them done in the hospital before (this is my 3rd year) and only twice at the opticians (in about 8 visits). Maybe they effect other people in different ways ?
It is not as if it makes you drowsy or drugged in anyway, last time I just put on my sunglasses - Sorted!
Ransomefan
Grafter

I have had this retinal screening three times and advised not to drive home afterwards every time in the appointment  letter  .  As I had difficulty reading the bus service number afterwards  I'm glad I didn't.  I would not risk it.