cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop caleender

MightyMouse
Grafter

Desktop caleender

Does anyone know where I can get a free or cheap desktop calender where you can be reminded of important appointments    Thanking you in advance  ?Huh
7 REPLIES
N/A

Re: Desktop caleender

There are many, so will start it off with my offering of the Firefox addon Reminderfox. Very easy to use but of course you need to be a FF user.
There is also Remember the Milk which is not a desktop calendar but you can log in and set up all your appointments.
Community Veteran

Google do a calendar that fits your needs.
On the Google page click "more" at the top and select Calendar from the drop  down list.
You need to have an Google account to use it.
Google Calendar
pierre_pierre
Grafter

bit OTT but I have this one
N/A

Rainlender is a very pretty little desktop calendar which seems to 'float' on the desktop. Apparently it does appointments and reminders too. Haven't tried it as I tend to use Windows Vista calendar, but here is the URL:
http://www.rainlendar.net/cms/index.php
Also, have you explored the sidebar gadgets (if you have Vista)?  There is also the Google sidebar/gadgets.
MightyMouse
Grafter

Thanks everybody you've been most helpful.
I'm still running xp @ the moment. I must say that rainlender sounds interesting especially with the alarm  feature.  I will have a closer look later on today when I get more time.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

a few more
http://tinnes.org.uk/desktopcalendar/
the next one I tried had one of those nasty fake Trojan alerts  - so be careful if you google for it.
N/A

Come to think of it, and online planner is probably a very good idea if (like many people nowadays) you use several different computers or operating systems.
Agree that the Google one seems to be quite comprehensive.