Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desert Island Discs

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Desert Island Discs

Getting away from all this election stuff and listening to Kirsty Young the other evening talking about 75 years of this programme, it got me thinking about what I would choose as a book and a luxury item. 

I'd have been given the bible of course (which I would find my own use for) and the complete works of Shakespeare so I guess the book would have to be some sort of primer on his works as it's all a bit over my head, and for a luxury item it would be a set of darts and a dart board as if and when after a few years I got rescued, with any luck I'd be the best player in the world and I might even have taught myself how to add and subtract properly! 

I'd have my eight recordings of course so top of that list and to remind me of home as I drifted off to sleep under those stars would be Pomp and Circumstance by Edward Elgar.  

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08sr1jx/arena-kirsty-young-75-years-of-desert-island-discs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qnuzwex55eI

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
7 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Desert Island Discs

When do you leave?

Fixes: 47

Could I take Kirsty Young as my luxury item.

She would be a great conversationalist.

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Minivanman
Hero

Why, are you thinking of coming with me? Funny

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Anonymous
N/A

No, I'm afraid I'll have to disappoint you this time.

Jonpe
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

@Minivanman  And you could shout "One hundred and eighty!" as loudly as you liked and no-one would hear you.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I'd take a Haynes manual on how to fix a boat engine, and for a luxury item I'd take a fully stocked boat with fuel, food and water to get me off the island... Smiley

Nobody ever thinks of doing that, do they? Funny

Community Veteran

If marooned on a Desert Island my luxury item would be a 500 carat fine blue diamond.  I wouldn't be marooned too long...

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.