Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dental Cover

Tsonga
Grafter

Dental Cover

Fascinating topic, I know!
Turns out I am going to need a crown at some point, but not within the next 6 months. I am wondering if anyone is aware of a dental plan which will take you on board even if the problem has already been detected by your dentist. Long shot I know, but my last crown cost £500, so... you know what I mean!
Thanks!  Cry
8 REPLIES
Tsonga
Grafter

Re: Dental Cover

Had a good look, don't think it exists, which I suppose is understandable...  Undecided
Community Veteran

Our whole family is with Denplan.  I've got a crown on the ay in the next couple of weeks, should cost about £100 for the lab work.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Are you receiving any "government benefits" ?
Tsonga
Grafter

No, believe it or not we're categorised as "high earners"  Huh... but we live in an expensive city and have too many kids... and so £200 here for a filling and £500 there for a crown, actually soon mount up to make a big dent in our budget... Not trying to winge, just to find a sensible solution.  Smiley
Tsonga
Grafter

Quote from: hulls
Our whole family is with Denplan.  I've got a crown on the ay in the next couple of weeks, should cost about £100 for the lab work.

That's what I should do, but I've got this bad habit of never believing that I'll ever need another one!  Grin
Fixes: 105

No NHS dentist near you?
Will Moderate For Thanks
Tsonga
Grafter

They're an endangered species around here. I am told that there are a couple left on the edge of the city, but they don't take on any new people, and the waiting lists for treatment are ridiculous...
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: BlueRhizome
No, believe it or not we're categorised as "high earners"  Huh... but we live in an expensive city and have too many kids...

Thats the trouble with the sharks. No matter what money you have they NEVER take into account your outgoings (most of which goes to them) and give you any real help.
Contribution based benefits are a prime example. If you've paid at least 2 years national insurance contributions in the last 3 years you're entitled but unlike means tested benefits they won't help you with anything else like prescription charges. Of course we're all guilty of being millionaires aren't we so naturally we can all just magically afford this stuff while them at the top are obviously so much more important they can just claim all their living costs as expenses while their wages are 'savings'.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!