cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Democracy = Priceless

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Democracy = Priceless

Alistair Carmichael: He leaked (falsified) information about a meeting between the First Minister of Scotland and a senior foreign diplomat!!!! Then denied it. £40.000 raised in three days on Kickstarter things have definitely changed in Scotland.
The People Versus Carmichael  https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-people-versus-carmichael#/story
61 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Democracy = Priceless

What has happened to the Scottish people, you do witch-hunts very well.  Angry
Sturgeon and Salmond lied their way through the Neverendum and then through the General Election but it's taken as just the rough and tumble of politics during an election. Nobody is taking them to court  Lips are sealed
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Witch hunt? Peter it's called ' frenchgate ' and he isn't doing the decent thing and resigning. This is the people of Orkney and Shetland by the way that are really upset with him.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-32874009
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Quote from: PeterLoftus
What has happened to the Scottish people, you do witch-hunts very well.  Angry
Sturgeon and Salmond lied their way through the Neverendum and then through the General Election but it's taken as just the rough and tumble of politics during an election. Nobody is taking them to court  Lips are sealed

he committed an civil offence called libel (which in some cases can lead to a criminal office). Libel is false and malicious publication printed for the purpose of defaming (damaging) another person.
see here for more specifics about libel - http://www.inbrief.co.uk/offences/crime-of-defamatory-libel.htm
if you did that whilst commuting the duties of your employment then you would be summarily dismissed, so why is he not being dismissed
the lib dems clearly don't want to do that as he is the only lib dem left in scotland.
what lies did sturgeon and salmond pass of as truth during the referendum debates?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

It does seem odd that people are contributing money so legal action can be taken against him, I can think of a number of politicians who have done things far worse than this ie Blair yet no one seems to be raising money to get him into court.
Community Veteran

It's typical SNP the prize is to get the last Lib Dem MP out. I won't say Scotland because it isn't  Roll eyes
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran

are you suggesting that if it was an SNP MP that did this then no other party would be calling for their head?
if you are suggesting that then you are seriously deluded.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

It's typical SNP the prize is to get the last Lib Dem MP out. I won't say Scotland because it isn't  Roll eyes
FYI it wasn't Scotland that asked for Carmichael to do this dirty trick during the election was it? No that's right he managed it all by himself and may constitute an offence under the Representation of the People Act 1983.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I won't say Scotland because it isn't  Roll eyes

On that note, seeing as we're the united kingdom, isn't it about bl**dy time we started referring to it as such? - Why can't we scrap the names of england, scotland and wales completely and just refer to this place as one large country?
Why must we continue to imply that we're all sort of seperate? - The only people amongst us that really want to fight each other are the MPs. I don't think we the people really care anymore.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

because the UK is a union of separate countries/principalities.
x47c
Grafter

Quote from: 7up
The only people amongst us that really want to fight each other are the MPs. I don't think we the people really care anymore.

Nope - not me - I want the Scots to link:censored off
I wanted a vote in the referendum being in England so I could vote for their independence - and vote for them to link:censored off.
Anyway we don;t hear much these days about how the Scots, Irish and Iceland were going to create an 'arc of prosperity' as the SNP put it in the 2000's.
adie:red removed avoidance of swear filter]
Community Veteran

oooh sounds like we have a bitter Englishman amongst us. probably a BNP voter too.
Community Veteran

Its sad, all my long career I've worked with Scotsmen and always considered the Scots accent an invitation to start a conversation because the Scots were always gregarious. Not now, thanks to the SNP and the neverendum I'm of the mind that 45% of Scots hate the English and blame all their problems on us.  Angry
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Quote from: x47c
Nope - not me - I want the Scots to [Censored] off

Did you post that because you thought that no one from Scotland uses these fora therefore no one would be offended!
You have every right to say what you think, but putting it in such a bilious manner was a bit over the top, when a "I would rather the SNP had won the vote for Independence", or similar, would have been a lot less offensive.
P.S. You can put me in the 55% bracket.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Its sad, all my long career I've worked with Scotsmen and always considered the Scots accent an invitation to start a conversation because the Scots were always gregarious. Not now, thanks to the SNP and the neverendum I'm of the mind that 45% of Scots hate the English and blame all their problems on us.  Angry

Like you, I've come to a similar conclusion. I used to get on well with the scots and spent some time up in scotland years ago and found them to be very decent people (well.. most of them anyway). I'm not sure what to think now. It seems as you say, that they're intent on blaming us for our generosity and spending more on them than we do our own people. I don't deny that westminster may make life a bit of a pain for them in some ways (what those ways are i don't know) but at the end of the day, the Scots do still have a better way of life than the english - and they seem to despise us for it  Crazy
The SNP are wanna be powermongers - just like all other politicians. If they do ever get their way, they'll still make a mess and not satisfy their own people and then that will be our fault too - for not protecting hte scots from them  Crazy
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!