cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery Pleasure

Community Veteran

Delivery Pleasure

I ordered some goods from the LTA yesterday, Sunday afternoon. They were delivered by Yodel at 10.41am today.
I know Yodel has received some bad comments on the forum in the past but I can't complain at their service to me.
Maybe they've listened to our complaints Wink Wink
19 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Delivery Pleasure

Hope so!
Friend of mine is moving house on Wednesday, in a panic he realized this afternoon that he required more boxes, contacted a supplier who guaranteed delivery by midday Tuesday.
Guess who the delivery company is?
Community Veteran

.....em, could it be Yodel Undecided  Maybe he will be singing their praises in a few days Wink
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Yeah that, or perhaps the he loves his job and does it well. Bit of a post code lottery in some places.
nadger
Rising Star

I ordered 4G phone from Ebuyer last Thursday with free next day delivery.
Stuff always comes by Yodel and, in past, has been home delivery car.
I could see package out for delivery and eventually arrived by van just after 7pm.
Chap was still cheerful albeit still 30 miles from depot.
As major road in area is closed for 6 weeks ( new gas main) he'd probably had rough day but didn't show.
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

yodel and hermes couriers seem to have become more mellow in the last year, I have often refered to yodel as poodle because the 24hr delivery service has been more like 144 hours, but since we got a new local courier there service times have picked up dramatically, I am aware that a single drop off driver covering an area containing more than 50k homes has to have a daily route (like the post office) and most places would only get served once a week, but since they have managed to get more home based couriers this has become a daily service for everyone.
hermes still have only 2 drop drivers though and are still struggling, as with most things though this seems to be all about locality some areas have more local drop drivers than they need and others they don't have enough for the workload, still the post office seems just as reliable as it was 5 years ago and thee 24hour service is exactly that
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran

it's not only Yodel that seems to have improved.
Also on Sunday afternoon I ordered a small e4lectronic item online. It arrived this morning delivered by Royal Mail Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Maybe the demise of citylink (I do wish I could call them by my preferred name, begins with sh and rhymes with city) opened their eyes a bit to see that if they don't get better service on the go, they're next... Grin
Community Veteran

'chittylink' went the way they deserved, maybe it has served as a 'wake up call' to others.
I've seen much improved (very good actually) service recently from Yodel, Hermes and Royal Mail (I even sometimes get text messages from RM when they get my parcels at my local depot).  My favourite (and the best example for all the others to follow IMO) remains DPD/Interlink.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran

Yeah, I've started getting emails from RM about deliveries, to my ebay address though so I know it's purchases I've made, interesting update to their services...
Now if only they could update their posties to learn to close the blummin' gate... Grin
Community Veteran

Another recent improvement for us from Royal Mail (more letters than parcels) is they've now employed a postie who can read house numbers.  We don't have a gate so I couldn't comment on that.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran

It's funny, our house hasn't actually got any numbers anywhere (aside from on the bins, but that's another thread), but obviously they can see that on both sides, the other houses have got numbers... Grin
Now citylink on the other hand, they couldn't even read postcodes so stuff ended up in entirely the wrong village... Grin
Fixes: 47

I should put my house number on the garden gate as that's what most of my parcels get thrown over these days.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Whilst I've been away I understand Amazon will send goods to a local Argos store for collection. It seems a good idea if you're expecting something and know you won't be around when it's delivered. Has anyone used this service?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: twocvbloke
Maybe the demise of citylink (I do wish I could call them by my preferred name, begins with sh and rhymes with city) opened their eyes a bit to see that if they don't get better service on the go, they're next... Grin

I was just thinking that too. Plus it must have left a very big gap in the market for the other couriers to profit from so while they perhaps have more work to cope with, they probably don't struggle as much to find it and probably get more money out of it too, hence a bit less pressure.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!