Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deliveroo

Highlighted
Champion
Fixes: 1

Deliveroo

Article on Deliveroo in the Daily Fail today. Seems like if you order a meal from your favourite restaurant it may not come from there but will be cooked on a trading estate in a container! Also they take a big cut of the bill and also collect all the data you have to provide to the ap. It is backed by Amazon so I dont think anymore needs saying. Never used them, dont really fancy food cooked and then travelling in box for 20mins or so before getting to eat it as you dont know what kind of state it will be in when it arrives and if not satisfactory cant send it back!Roll_eyes

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Seasoned Pro

Re: Deliveroo

When staying with my sister last year tried to order fish and chips via deliveroo. £29 for 3 x fish n chips but couldn't get the app to work.

Decided to nip down to the chippy and the cost was £17.  Enouh said.

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

Never used any form of hot food delivery even for a pizza and for no other reason than I just haven't. As for Deliveroo, well I would want to know they came direct from the whatever particular take-away or chippy rather than some trading estate. Err, no thanks.

It all sounds rather expensive and uncertain.

By the way, when did they start lowering the height of fish and chips counters. When I was kid you could not even see over the top. 

Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not who somebody else is today
Highlighted
Seasoned Pro

Do you think you might have grown a bit since then MVM?

Mind you I still can't see over the top - more power to little people I say.....

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

Just a tad, but then I was a little squirt back then. 🙂

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 9

Passing my local McD the other day I noticed that they now have a separate queue for their 'delivery partners'.  I read somewhere that the delivery companies charge up to 60%.

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

@Jonpe 

Blimey that's a turn up, I feel guilty enough as it is going for a McDonalds without one being delivered to my home!

Not that we go very often and it's a real sort of 'sod it, let's have a Maccy D' sort of thing.  

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 5

@Jonpe wrote:

Passing my local McD the other day I noticed that they now have a separate queue for their 'delivery partners'.  I read somewhere that the delivery companies charge up to 60%.

I've never used McDs but judging by the prices I've seen on advertising junk that's come through the letterbox in the past, 60% of 99p wouldn't be much in monetary terms!

Although no doubt there'll be minimum order sizes and the prices probably won't always be 'offers'.

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

A quick check (for the London area at least) shows a minimum delivery charge of £2.50... so that's going to be one expensive 99p burger.

They are nice, but not that nice!

Please note: For those of a delicate disposition, the above link takes you to The Sun news site.   

Sorry about that. 😋

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

I've already noticed that food prices are going up.

Friend of mine ordered a takeaway (better not say the name or I will get told off for advertising), and £14 quid for two rolls?

They were awful.

I'd rather spend a tenner in the pub, and get a microwave meal nearby as I have a couple of local supermarkets. Then just nuke it in my microwave for 7-10 mins.

As you can tell, I am not really a cook 😛

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

It's not advertising you need to worry about @Alex if you named that takeaway, it's libel. 😆