cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Definition of a Klingon

johpal
Grafter

Definition of a Klingon

For those who thought Klinons were an alien race in Star Trek, about 25 years ago, an American friend gave me another, rather vulgar, but imho, funny definition. [Plain, self addressed envelopes to...]
I migrated from BT to PN in April of this year, bringing my Home Phone service with me. I am still trying to get a final bill from BT (including a substantial credit rebate). I now offer yet another definition of Klingon, courtesy of an email received yesterday from BT Customer Services:
"With regards to your email, after checking your account details I would like to inform you that your line with BT is disconnected however your Broadband is still active and that is the reason your Final bill is not generated yet."  Shocked
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Definition of a Klingon

Definition of a Klingon.................  an ex-wife. Undecided
johpal
Grafter

Re: Definition of a Klingon

A postscript.
BT "came good" (in my teenage daughter's parlance)! I now have both an apology and a full refund.
It seems that it is easy to join up to 'BT Total Broadband' in one easy step. However, to disentangle yourself from each tentacle, you have to take several steps. My mistake was in assuming that by migrating to PN for broadband and home telephone, BT would accept the termination of all parts of my contract. Although 'BT Broadband Talk' disappeared from my broadband service a couple of days before my migration to PN, it was not cancelled specifically. This was the hold up (PN take note?).
I hope this demonstrates that I'm not always a grumpy, old so-and-so. I can hand out bouquets as well as brickbats.