Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Definitely not what was intended!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Re: Definitely not what was intended!

and thats how a supercomputer (human brain) gets muddled too  Cheesy
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I got bored of trying to be logical with this thread, when someone has shut the doors to intelligent reasoning then it's a wasted effort trying...
Community Veteran

Quote from: twocvbloke
If something major happened requiring the plane to reverse course, a pilot in charge would do a 180 turn intentionally to return to an airport, presumably what happened afterwards was a loss of control of the plane resulting in it ditching in the sea, either through death of the crew or a total failure of the aircraft, hence the theories of disaster, rather than an errant computer hell-bent on genocide...

Fair comment, but it flew for a further 6500 miles before apparently a soft landing in the sea. The aircraft must have been intact and at least one crew member alive in the cabin when it was finally turned southwards.
People are sugggesting it will be found within the next two weeks.
Community Veteran

Quote from: twocvbloke
I got bored of trying to be logical with this thread, when someone has shut the doors to intelligent reasoning then it's a wasted effort trying...

Thats exactly what i thought when you wouldn't listen to reason  Tongue
Community Veteran

"The computer's to blame" isn't a good reason without the appropriate information on hand...
Community Veteran

and neither is "The computer is not to blame"  Tongue
Community Veteran

It really is like an infant school play ground, the only countering in a debate is just what one person says with "is" or "is not" thrown in... Roll eyes
If computers are so evil to you, perhaps you might try what the Plusnet TV ad says, move to the woods and become a full-time spoon whittler, the intelligence behind computer programming for aircraft is not in the hands of Microsoft, an automatic braking system is not a computer failure, it is a safety system, a plane doing a 180 in flight after "something" happened is still an unknown, could be human error, human intent, or just a dead body slumped over the controls that just happened to turn it round the way it did before it went down, but my bets are on human input, not computer error, and even if it was a computer, what was left of one at least, it too would be a safety system on a return-to-base emergency fight plan, given that the speculation based on radio comms and tracking, an electrical failure possibly caused by fire (therefore smoke causing asphyxiation), the humans may have been dead, and the onboard computer detected that somehow and attempted to save the plane, fire spreads to the computer, systems fail, down she goes...
What's your reasoning again? Cool
Mal08
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

As many have said - this looks like the wrong information was put into the A350's data system either by the operations department - they sent it flight planning data over a sat comm system, and the pilots should have checked it -
I have every faith in Airbus - they have thousands of aircraft flying with these automated systems, fly by wire etc and their safety record is evry bit if not better than Boeing.
There will be an enquiry and incident report published in due course - best not to speculate.