cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear David Cameron

thisoldman
Grafter

Dear David Cameron

I say old chap, I listened most carefully to your liitle chat to the faithful yesterday, and sadly I was unimpressed by your gobbeldegook.  In fact , old chap, I would describe your talk as "the wimp with the limp"
Even allowing for the fact you have never worked in a factory, nor had any real experience of business,it was still a pretty lame attempt to convince us that "your country needs you now"
On the contrary, old chap,  You need us now, and if you want our suport , then I have taken the liberty, through the kind people at Plusnet, who have donated this space on their wicked forum site, to make a few suggestions for immediate action.
Please do not feel that I am patronising you by so doing, but old chap, you are a little bit out of touch with the real world in which we live, and you must realise that your oxbridge days are over and that we, the people  are now in charge.
So, here a few things for you and your esteemed cronies to activate as soon as possible.

1    Stop the tv programme  "the Inbetweeners."   It is giving our young people a bad name and making me cringe..
2   Stop all immigration and benefits for immigrants.
3    Nationalise all our banks and stop banker bonus payments immediately
4.   Stop the uk benefit culture. Send all claimants for immediate  cognitive therapy training.
5     Scrap all quangos. Make me the uk information Commissioner, and I shall kick some butts at Plusnet for example.
6     Increase the old age pension.
7     Stop Liverpool FC falling into yet another american mess, but do not under  any circumstances let Plusnet run it.
8.    Reduce the car tax licence fee for pensioners like my good self , who live in a remote rural areas, deprived of trains and    
       buses

9     Reduce the cost of broadband for people living in rural areas.
10    Get us out of the EU as fast as possibe and ignore these stupid EU directives.

Give my love to Samantha and family
                                       yours most sincerely     thisoldman

24 REPLIES
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: Dear David Cameron

Maybe you should forward that to David.Cameron@Conservatives.com
thisoldman
Grafter

steve m                        Wink    no need  im sure plusnet will have sent out the details to thousands of government staff unencrypted , already.
thisoldman
Grafter

dear david,
pps      Be3G and Strat have also some good ideas for you. If you need some music for your next conference  Adam's band will rock you and finally Im sure pierre will be able to help Samantha make better pancakes Smiley
nadger
Rising Star

@thisoldman
Just copied and pasted your post to https://email.number10.gov.uk/ ; Crazy
No doubt someone will be in touch  Cool
Mand
Grafter

Quote from: thisoldman
Please do not feel that I am patronising you by so doing, but old chap, you are a little bit out of touch with the real world in which we live, and you must realise that your oxbridge days are over and that we, the people  are now in charge.

Except that we're not. We didn't vote for this muppet to run our country, yet there he is, grinning inanely at us from every tv and newspaper.
Fixes: 104

Before this gets a bit out of hand can we take a deep breath before replying please.
Will Moderate For Thanks
thisoldman
Grafter

Deep breath    my dear adiewoo  its just a fun post  to male all the sad plusnetters laugh Wink
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Huh
Not young enough to know everything
gswindale
Grafter

1    Stop the tv programme  "the Inbetweeners."  It is giving our young people a bad name and making me cringe..

Why - just don't watch it - I say scrap Coronation Street purely because I hate it.
2  Stop all immigration and benefits for immigrants.

No - just make it a condition of immigrants to have a job that it has been proven cannot be done by a UK national (similar to AUS)
3    Nationalise all our banks and stop banker bonus payments immediately

Not sure I fully agree here - why should the cashier at my local branch of RBS not receive a performance related bonus because some muppet at Lloyds Investments ballsed up?
4.  Stop the uk benefit culture. Send all claimants for immediate  cognitive therapy training.

Sounds good to me
5    Scrap all quangos. Make me the uk information Commissioner, and I shall kick some butts at Plusnet for example.
Somehow I don't think you're the best qualified.  The whole point of quangos was that they should have been independent wasn't it - thereby not having their decisions influenced by party politics
6    Increase the old age pension.
With what?  Certainly not my tax/NI you're not.
7    Stop Liverpool FC falling into yet another american mess, but do not under  any circumstances let Plusnet run it.
Who cares who runs it?  They're just another bunch of overpaid underworked foreigners who should be removed from the country under point 2 above by yourself?
8.    Reduce the car tax licence fee for pensioners like my good self , who live in a remote rural areas, deprived of trains and   
        buses
what and make the country roads worse than they are already?

9    Reduce the cost of broadband for people living in rural areas.
Is that so that those of us living in urban areas have to foot the cost of investing in your connections?  Not exactly fair is it?
10    Get us out of the EU as fast as possibe and ignore these stupid EU directives.
Not really feasible - I say bring on the Euro (although at the moment if you look in the likes of GAP we're getting a pretty good deal based on the exchange rates (almost parity yet £11 = €15 for some tops etc I've seen))

Just a few alternative views to think about Grin
jim:green quote fixed mod:end
thisoldman
Grafter

Wink  you make some good points geoff
thisoldman
Grafter

Except that we're not. .

We are, dear mand. we can do whatever we want......strike        cancel our pn sub or whatever
thisoldman
Grafter

David C    is looking for new staff so who should we recommend from plus nets  digital care?
LiamM
Grafter

Quote from: Mand

Except that we're not. We didn't vote for this muppet to run our country, yet there he is, grinning inanely at us from every tv and newspaper.

Let's take the first step towards true PR and vote in AV next May!  Hurrah!
thisoldman
Grafter

well said dear.