Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear Auntie.....

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Dear Auntie.....

Dear Auntie Beeb,

Please can I have a refund of part of my licence.... because I notice that the "entertainment" you have provided from 13:00 today until 18:00 is all repeats of very old programmes.... you even start off with a short version of Coast, that was transmitted as a repeat a few days ago... 

I know you are old, and all old people want to be saving as much money as possible for your eventual retirement, but I do think that you are a naughty girl, stealing from people, to provide for your comforts when you do retire..

3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Dear Auntie.....

I Understand the licence is for using the television.

Those who do not watch the BBC should not be paying anything ?

The daft part is that some people have been using iplayer to watch the BBC and need no licence to do so, true in future they might need a licence but some will still find ways to watch without the need for a licence.

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Retirement? More like inflated pay packets for presenters with inflated egos.

Chris Evans for example is reported here to be earning and estimated £1.6 million-a-year, yep £1.6 million. Not bad for somebody born on April. fool's day, but then maybe the BBC think all us licence players were born on that day as well. 

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/how-chris-evans-made-%C2%A380m-then-spent-it-on-cars-and-pubs-1457...

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

gleneagles wrote:

I Understand the licence is for using the television.

I use my television almost every day, just not to watch broadcast television, as it's a monitor for two PCs, has Plex installed on it (Smart TV), and I view my IP Camera feed on it, so no broadcast television means no licence required, only flaw there is the TV downstairs (which I don't really watch cos repeats of repeats repeatedly repeated gets a bit tedious!) does get used for broadcast telly, so, can't really avoid the fee there, but I'm not the one paying it, so I'm good... Smiley