Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dawn Chorus

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Dawn Chorus

It may be pitch black outside, but there is a fantastic Dawn Chorus going on...

We do have a lot of trees around us, fully populated by many types of Birds by the sound of it.

And it's like this every morning.

Today, I just sat & listened for half an hour

Delightful..

We had quite a lot of rain yesterday, so the air is lovely & fresh as well.

17 REPLIES
Pete11
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Dawn Chorus

I know what you mean, there's many a time when I've been night fishing and welcomed the sounds of different birds waking up (including wifey). Lips are sealed 

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
Fixes: 125

It's a lovely sound when you need to get up but if I am trying to get back to sleep it's damn annoyingTongue

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Fixes: 47

I've been out for a walk at around 2:30am quite a few times and each time I am surprised at the number of bird sounds in the trees as I walk along the dual carriageway.

When do these guys sleep.

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Jonpe
Seasoned Pro

We are plagued by ring-necked parakeets here in west London.  They look great https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=%22ring+necked+parakeets%22&lr=&safe=images&source=lnms&tbm=isch&s... but unlike "yer Eeenglish birds" as Alf Garnett would have said, they make an awful noise in the mornings when they wake up, and the footpath between the trees where they roost, is covered in droppings.

beeceegee
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Strat wrote:

... I am surprised at the number of bird sounds in the trees as I walk along the dual carriageway.

They are all shouting "wake up guys, that nutter is walking along the dual carriageway at 2:30am again - stay vigilant!" Wink

Fixes: 47

I did think they were on nocturnal guard duty.

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Well I count myself lucky as I get two Avium Chorum per day, both in the morning and late evening as well. However it can be quite a distraction if you're sitting out at night or have the windows open and you're trying to read.

Infinity
Pro

In Barbados we have the problem of Whistling Frogs !!

The calls are very loud, the Frogs are very large, dark in colour, and impossible to see at night, very little lighting.

It is far too easy to stand on one !!

(They are supposed to be Tree Frogs !)

Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

@Infinity, I'll name that tune in 5.

Minivanman
Hero

Here is what I'm hearing Wink

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Pete11
Pro

I'm up and gone fishing in the morning, before the birds start up (2.30am). By the time I've got my gear set up, I can sit back and chill out to the early morning sing-a-long

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Pete11
Pro

Well, here I am back from my fishing trip. Got there for 3.30am and it wasn't long before the birds started singing. First was a blackbird, then the finches kicked in, there was also a robin in the mix and a cuckoo in the background, what a way to start the morning.

There was a little rustling to my left and saw a mother hedgehog ( possibly daddy) with 2 little ones in tow, I chucked them a few worms and off they wobbled. To cap off this brilliant day, (I had 2 personal bests) I got home and wifey passed me a letter from Environment Agency. Now what, I thought..well, more good news. Having passed on a course I took with them, I am now a qualified angling coach.

What a day. Thumbs Up

Steve
Pro

Congratulations @Pete11 Smiley

Community Veteran

He's angling for compliments Wink

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.