cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

David Clegg has lost it - War against Argentina? - With WHAT???

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

David Clegg has lost it - War against Argentina? - With WHAT???

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/politics/4071123/PM-David-Cameron-dusts-off-war-plans-over...
Cameron is looking at defending Argentina with thin air it would seem.
I won't bother saying much, I think we're all capable of commenting and having our LOLs about this.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
56 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: David Clegg has lost it - War against Argentina? - With WHAT???

Hmmm.
It might be worth taking seriously if it was actually in a Newspaper.............
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

We no sooner get out of one conflict (Afganistan) when we are lining up the next one.
Hope we have plenty of money in the kitty to fund it.
Community Veteran

Thats just it, we don't! Thats why we keep running out of money - because ever since I can remember from my earliest memories, we've gone to war against someone somewhere.
I've had enough of it, it's annoying me and I'm british. Imagine how its annoying the rest of the world.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Well It keeps our soldiers in a job.
Community Veteran

Just finished reading a book, "All Quiet on the Western Front" It's about the first world war. It's not possible to sum a Book up in a few words but the message comes across that all war is futile.
Those who are the most enthusiastic about starting a War are not the one who go and fight it. The ones who go are young men (many of them teenagers)who will end up dead or wounded.
Of those who survive a number will be affected psychologically for the rest of their lives.
This applies to whichever side you are on.
We have been killing each other since time began, do we learn nothing.......
Community Veteran

Quote from: Steve
Well It keeps our soldiers in a job.
It's the only Job some people can get.
They would rather do this than be at home and unable to find suitable work or live off the dole.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

If there is one thing I like about the PM and It Is only one thing, Its that I am very happy to see him trying to keep this country together/United. What with Scottish Independence and now this I can only applaud him.
Community Veteran

Remember the Falklands are British and the inhabitants want to remain British.
Community Veteran

Keeping soldiers in jobs?
1) They keep getting laid off
2) Most people who come from the army have some sort of mental imbalance. I've known loads of ex army people and they're all the same - aggressive pshychopaths who are quite happy to use all sorts of profanity and threats on a daily basis. Not very nice people and it's no wonder they went into the army.
3) Does war really jusitify employing people?
@artmo: How long have the Falklands been ours then and before that, who did they belong to? - Surely we must have invaded them at some point? (Sorry don't know much about them really hence my asking)
Ignore that, I've just found that Wikipedia is back!
Community Veteran

I've never heard such rubbish about our Army.  Disgraceful comments. You seem to have problems with authority and a very negative attitude to them. 
FYI our British involvement in the Falklands can be traced back to around 1765.
Community Veteran

I have no problem with authority artmo.
However when you work with people who are using language such as link:censored every day, I'd actually say that what I've said is correct. When you walk in to work and say "Morning" to your boss and get the sort of reply when you've done nothing wrong, how would you think of the army? - I put up with months of mysery with a boss like that. He honestly thought that shouting, swearing, insulting people, putting them down at every opportunity and boasting that "The army made me the man I am" was the way to manage his staff.
Add to that I've known various others as colleagues and contacts with the same attitude and perhaps you'll see how I've drawn that conclusion. Maybe I've just been unlucky and met the raving pshychos and maybe they're not all like that.. I don't know but out of all the people I've known who have come out of the army, only 1 comes to mind who was normal and could reason. That was about 3 years ago and he was about 25.
As for 1, thats also true, the government keep laying off our troops. I think most people could understand point 3 aswell.
If by 'authority' you mean anyone who sets out to make my life a misery then yes you could say I have a problem with them. There is no need to be so difficult towards people and try to make their lives so hard just to earn their crust of bread. The boss I spoke about up above had me working with RATS at one point. I didn't complain, I just got on with it but then he'd try and find even more evil [Censored] to throw at me. You think thats right artmo? Maybe ringing me up to take the mick at 8:15am after just finishing a 12hr nightshift at 6am. You think thats normal behaviour? The bloke (like the others) was a head case, no-one liked him, everyone had suffered a run-in with him and he was always looking for ways to wind people up. Even the army got shot of him by his own admission - refusing to renew his contract.
adie:red avoidance of swear filter removed.
randpwar
Grafter

Yes, you have been extremely unlucky in your contact with soldiers
Your description of soldiers is diametrically opposed to my description of my neighbour’s son, a working soldier. He is always pleasant and willing to talk, he is articulate and interesting in conversations, he is grateful when help is offered and uncompromising when helping others, capable, competent and confident in anything he does. As an example of his selflessness, my lad was very worried for him during his recent tour of Afghanistan. Knowing this, on returning for a break at home, even before entering his parents’ home he came in and sat with my lad assuring him that he was always safe….and gave him an army fleece bought with his own money which my lad treasures
All this from a young man just turned 21; a young man for whom I have nothing but the utmost respect for 
Community Veteran

I can't help but wonder if it may be a age/generation thing then as those that I've known have been of the older generation whereas the few young soldiers ( 1 or 2) I've met seem to be a bit more straight forward.