cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashcam

Leapy
Aspiring Pro

Dashcam

Having just seen this attempted insurance scam caught on a dashcam https://www.facebook.com/Gimpolice/video... I'm thinking about a dashcam.

Has anyone got any recommendations?

The pub is two minutes from my home, although my home is two hours from the pub,
45 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Re: Dashcam

They soon changed their tune when they were told about the camera, scummy little gits.

I've have one of these installed in my car.

Fixes: 124

I probably wouldn't have told them about the dash cam but just given the footage it to the police along with their registration number in case they tried to steal it from the car.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Leapy
Aspiring Pro

@Mook That looks the bee's knee's to me. Back and front and night vision and wifi, etc. 

The pub is two minutes from my home, although my home is two hours from the pub,
Fixes: 124

Forgot to say that we have the Nextbase 402G which gives an excellent picture.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Leapy wrote:

Having just seen this attempted insurance scam caught on a dashcam https://www.facebook.com/Gimpolice/video... I'm thinking about a dashcam.

Has anyone got any recommendations?

How about a used Google Streetview van? Smiley

Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 3

I have a Nextbase 212 great all round value camera 

Good thing about Nextbase, most their cameras have " the innovative Click&Go Magnetic Powered Mount" makes getting on/off the sucker very easy. 

Mike
Minivanman
Hero

@Mook

Two hundred and sixty nine smackers?

Blimey, not at that price and not in my world which I would love to be self and state snooper free.

Madness.

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
bjallenby
Aspiring Pro

@Minivanman Might be a bit steep, but the one time you need it, it'll save you a fortune in solicitors fees and all the hassles of going to court. Provided your not at fault. In which case just act like you don't have one.

Community Veteran

Not to mention the Automobile Association, that staunch defender of motorists in the UK, is trying to ban the use of dashcams.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

That was my thinking @bjallenby when I bought it. No, it's not the cheapest on the market, but it does so much more than just record. As for the AA I do think they have a point, I would never publish an incident captured on camera, but I'd send it to the police quicker than you could break wind.

Community Veteran

AlaricAdair wrote:

Not to mention the Automobile Association, that staunch defender of motorists in the UK, is trying to ban the use of dashcams.

I don't see any references to having these devices banned in the article you cite!

The motoring organisation said it was not in favour of banning dashcam use, ...

Fixes: 47

I think he was using the tabloid headline style of posting Wink

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Finally, someone recognises my true worth Wink   For the record I use a dashcam, when the hot sun doesn't soften the adhesive pad on the windscreen causing the camera to drop off.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

My dashcam is mounted on the mirror, it extends the mirror by a couple of inches, also has input for a rear view camera, I spent £30 on it from China. Add in a 12-5V usb adapter that I have wired to the ignition so it comes on when I start the car and off when I am parked.
Similar to this one : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Full-HD-1080P-4-3-Video-Recorder-Car-Dash-Cam-Rearview-Mirror-Car-Camera-D... NB not the same