cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Damaged in transit

Community Veteran

Damaged in transit

Flying with Ryanair and your bag gets damaged, then don't expect Ryanair to pay you any compensation.
Before accepting your baggage for flights to Malta Ryanair insist you sign a waiver so that you can't make a claim against them for any damage.
Damaged Bags
It makes you wonder what they will come up with next Undecided
I've never had to fly Ryanair and stories like this make me pleased I've avoided them.
3 REPLIES
Fixes: 125

Re: Damaged in transit

Further into the article it states:
The statement read: 'If a customer is travelling with a bag that has any damage (minor/major) they are requested to complete a limited release tag so we can identify that the bag had been previously damaged prior to carriage on board a Ryanair flight.

So isn't it really only bagage that already shows signs of damage being tagged? If that is the case then I don't see an issue. They should have travel or contents insurance to cover them anyway.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

itsme
Grafter

and when they are packing they get the heaviest member of their family to sit on the suitcase so that they can do it up then they complain that a bottle of after shave is broken at the other end.
Community Veteran

@Mav, yes it does clarify that only damaged bags are tagged - but why only at Malta then Undecided
Many years ago American Airlines noted damage to bags but they don't seem to do that any more.