cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dallas to return

Fixes: 121

Dallas to return

Larry Hagman to return for new Dallas series
US actor Larry Hagman is to appear in a TV remake of classic 1980s soap opera Dallas, it has been announced.
The 79-year-old will reprise his role as oil baron JR Ewing in the new pilot, to be made by US network TNT.
Original stars Patrick Duffy and Linda Gray will also return to play Bobby and Sue Ellen Ewing respectively.

Probably my favourite series of the late 70's through to the early 90's. Lost it's way a bit, though, after Bobby returned with a whole series being just a dream.
Still far better than Dysentry IMHO. Not sure if reviving it will be a good thing.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

24 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Dallas to return

Yes I always enjoyed Dallas as well but remakes are rarely as good as the original Sad
Fixes: 101

my heart sank... what a woeful remake it'll be.
Will Moderate For Thanks
jmd
Grafter

Hawai 5-0 is returning too next week!!
They must be lost for new ideas.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Will "dinner for one" on next at New Years eve?

Always makes me laugh, Freddie Frinton at his best (I saw recently there is even a lego version)
Still holds the record for the most repeated TV program ever http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinner_for_One
N/A

I used to enjoy Dallas too and I remember it because it was good family entertainment.  We all used to sit round the television when it was on and it was a real event.
Not sure about bringing it back though - some things are best left where they were IMO.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: jmdlp
Hawai 5-0 is returning too next week!!
They must be lost for new ideas.

Book 'em Danno Wink
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
David_W
Rising Star

It's 2011 so what is going to happen.... they will start with the oil industry then move into renewable energy like solar panels and electric cars with Ewing getting angry and shooting the sun because it doesn't produce enough energy on a Thursday to power his plan for world domination!  Not sure having a show about oil is really politically correct in an age where oil is over $100 a barrel and the middle east is falling apart slowly but violently.  Wonder how much per barrel oil was during Dallas, $20 a barrel?
Fixes: 121

Quote from: David
...they will start with the oil industry then move into renewable energy like solar panels...

Nothing new there, then. Bobby already tried that one  Wink

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Why go to the expense of a remake. ? ? ?  surely the BBC could replay all the originals  Roll eyes  and then flog them off to freeview channels...
nadger
Rising Star

Much as we enjoyed the original Dallas we both shuddered at the thought of a remake.
Next they'll be redoing Peyton Place  Cry
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

or.... the woodentops..... bill & ben..... magic roundabout..... YAY... Bring it on ! ! ! ! ..  Cheesy
N/A

Ey up - what about Andy Pandy?  Also Addams Family, Bewitched, definitely The Beverly Hillbillies to name but a few.  All a deal better than the t'rubbish they throw out these days.
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: poppy
definitely The Beverly Hillbillies

Memories
randpwar
Grafter

The Wonder Years was always a favourite of mine. It was repeated last year or so and my (then) 10 year old son very much enjoyed it with me