cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DailyMail.... and Telegraph... and others... WHY? Why must you auto refresh?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

DailyMail.... and Telegraph... and others... WHY? Why must you auto refresh?

I've had it with the dailymail and my most recent favourite the telegraph.
You get half way down the web page and suddenly it decides to auto refresh - because they think it must.
What these morons do not realise is that i then loose track of the read / unread stories because all their positions on the page have changed and i have to start again. At least with the dailymail it goes back to the same position on the page (though moves all the stories around) however the telegraph goes back to the top of the page - meaning you have to scroll down and go through all the story titles again taking forever until you get back to roughly where you were.
So dailymail.. if you really do read this forum as so many members have suggested over the last few months:
STOP EFFING AUTO REFRESHING YOUR EXCESSIVELY LONG FRONT PAGE.
and to the telegraph:
STOP EFFING GOING ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE TOP (and make your text only links a little larger)
/rant.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: DailyMail.... and Telegraph... and others... WHY? Why must you auto refresh?

Perhaps they want you to buy the paper instead of reading it online as they make no money out of it.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Re: DailyMail.... and Telegraph... and others... WHY? Why must you auto refresh?

Community Veteran

@OJ Thanks but i use chrome because it runs everything in a seperate process - i don't think FF does that yet... but if it does i'd be interested as chrome did away with stacked tabs for some stupid reason.
@gleneagles but the DM website is plastared with adverts... i don't think they do that for free..
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

What adverts - Adblock Plus stops all that
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I would imagine the DM makes loads of cash the amount of clicks it gets on this forum alone