cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Mail story about benefit cheat!

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Re: Daily Mail story about benefit cheat!

Quote from: nanotm
Quote from: thejudge
Benefit fraud amounts to about 0.7% of the total social security budget. Peanuts in the scheme of things.

if you call 1.6 billion pounds sterling penuts source http://www.cas.org.uk/features/myth-busting-real-figures-benefit-fraud
personally unless it was under 100 million (total cost) I wouldn't be so dismissive,

A fair point however I wonder just how much these parents cost the state who give false addresses simply to get their children into the school of their choice? I'd wager that they cost the state more than benefits claimants to be honest.
Whatever way you look at it, people will fiddle state services and cost the state for fraudulent actions and it is not restricted to the benefits system.
A lot of you forget that over 66% of benefits payments are to PENSIONERS for PENSIONS. Less than 10% is for JSA / Income Support / ESA. Of those you might get 4-5% who are fraudulently claiming.
In the grand scheme of things, compared to a lot of other government spending, benefits aren't exactly a fair target for cuts and public humiliation.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Highlighted
Grafter

David Cameron and George "I'm an idiot" Osborne are cutting the Welfare budget to shreds though.
But that's the Tory policy, Robin Hood in reverse, rob off the poor and give it to the government's rich Merchant Banker pals in London.
Highlighted
Community Veteran

You're stating the obvious RA.
We all see whats going on.
Highlighted
Grafter

Quote from: 7up
You're stating the obvious RA.
We all see whats going on.

Yeah so? Oh and for the record I reported your insulting quote edit and post in the SOGA thread, but don't worry I am 99.9% certain the Mods won't do anything.
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 62

Quote from: Gabe
Quote from: Oldjim
Looking at the quoted 95% confidence levels I would disagree with you

Huh?  Huh
Gabe
Somebody missed the bit about fraud levels in the original post  Embarrassed
Highlighted
Community Veteran

See thats what shutter was saying when he said:
Quote from: shutter
..It is you, who started the trolling with your comments about post counts, and when it is referred back to you, with a certain amount of irony, and jest, you take it as a personal insult and feel the need to justify your comments, with aggressive postings.

You haven't got it yet have you? I say things to you for a reason. There are others here who would give you a MUCH harder time than me. I only say what I say to you to try and stop you from making it worse for yourself.
You take everything I say as a personal attack. It isn't. It's simply a case of stating facts for you to learn from.