cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Fail article says "Christmas" is not PC!

RichAllen
Grafter

Daily Fail article says "Christmas" is not PC!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1236106/Council-renames-Christmas-festival-Midwinter-Celebra...
Thoughts?
Political Correctness gone mad IMO, designed to not offend Muslims etc, most of whom don't care anyway apart from Religious Extremists but they're all mad as a very large box of Frogs anyway.
19 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Daily Fail article says "Christmas" is not PC!

Quote from: RichAllen
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1236106/Council-renames-Christmas-festival-Midwinter-Celebration-sparking-PC-row.html

but they're all mad as a very large box of Frogs anyway.

So... Why are you slagging off the French at the same time?  What have they done to upset you?  Roll eyes
DaveyH
Pro
Fixes: 7

The first few words in that article 'First there was Winterval'.
No there wasn't!
It was a promotional campaign run by Birmingham City Council to encourage people into the rejuvenated city that ran throughout two winters in the late 90's.
Though of course that didn't stop the press turning into the councils attempts at rebranding Christmas, much like the DM are doing here.
Note to self: Must stop clicking on links to DM articles, as there almost certainly BS.
RichAllen
Grafter

Quote from: shutter
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1236106/Council-renames-Christmas-festival-Midwinter-Celebration-sparking-PC-row.html

but they're all mad as a very large box of Frogs anyway.

So... Why are you slagging off the French at the same time?  What have they done to upset you?   Roll eyes

Read my post, I said Religious Extremists, most of whom are not French.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Obviously, I read your post..... that is why I posted my post... so that you could explain what you posted in your post that referred to a box of Frogs..... By using the Capital letter F.. it infers that you are insulting the French ....  Shocked
Hence my post. about your post... if you see what I mean  Huh
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Political Correctness gone mad IMO, designed to not offend Muslims etc, most of whom don't care anyway

I have to wonder why we even worry about offending them. They come to our country knowing that we will have different cultures to theirs and for some reason our authorities are bending over backwards to cater for foreigners (especially muslims) more than our own native people.
If thats the way the muslims want it to work then fine but they better start putting up the xmas decorations in the middle east for us!
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
David_W
Rising Star

Quick question, if you dislike the Mail so much........ why do you read it?  I disagree with 99% of the stuff the sun writes (except Clarkson and Dear Deirdre...) so I don't read it as I know it's mostly made  up, set to foist their agenda or missing key parts of the story which totally changes the context.
RichAllen
Grafter

I don't, but I see links to stories that either interest or wind me up posted on Facebook.
Like about 6 years ago there was a front page debate about whether dogs have a sense of humour.
David_W
Rising Star

If your dog starts to look at you when Family Guy is coming on to remind you that Family Guy is about to start, I'd say "yes!"  Maybe dogs are fans of Brian?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: David
Quick question, if you dislike the Mail so much........ why do you read it?  I disagree with 99% of the stuff the sun writes (except Clarkson and Dear Deirdre...) so I don't read it as I know it's mostly made  up, set to foist their agenda or missing key parts of the story which totally changes the context.
I Guess many of those who buy the Sun don't read most of it, probably get it for the pictures on page 3 or so I am told !
Was also told that most Sun readers were only interested if it came out of a barrel, kicked a ball or had t*ts.  Cheesy
Community Veteran

Quote from: David
 Maybe dogs are fans of Brian?

Have you heard the sad news that Brian has died Sad
Devonian
Grafter

Brian is not dead!  *spoiler alert*  Its all a dream LOL
All of this 'my newspaper is better than yours'  is hilarious!
They all sell millions, so your 1 complaint against millions of people instantly invalidates you.
Just saying. Wink
Back to topic:
I thought Bradford left England years ago!
Community Veteran

here;s the story.
Brian Dies
Brian Lives Again
myredhotcar
Grafter

Quote from: Devonian
All of this 'my newspaper is better than yours'  is hilarious!

My paper is not as bigoted as yours. How's that? More or less funny?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

how about a bigot is in the eye of the beholder  Grin