cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daft email ? ?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Daft email ? ?

Is this really "award winning customer service".....
( posted in Chit Chat For discussion purposes .... not for "Feedback" specifically, )

Just received an email from  PlusNet.....

Service: Broadband
Posted: Wed, Sep 16 2015 at 13:53:56
Subject: Data transfer issues (88040) - NEW
We have received a number of reports from customers experiencing data transfer problems, this means your router may show as connected but you're unable to access any online services or access websites.
Some customers may be experiencing problems browsing the web and accessing other Internet services.
If you suspect you are affected by this problem then please try disconnecting/reconnecting your router.
Our engineers are investigating and we'll provide another update as soon as more information becomes available.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Kind Regards,
Chris Parr
Customer Support.

On the face of it..... very nice of you to let us know.....
Delving into it.... the subject is ....
reports from customers experiencing data transfer problems, this means your router may show as connected but you're unable to access any online services or access websites.

And this means that customers will not be able to receive or send emails ?  Right  ? ? ? ? ? 

I know......  let`s send an email to them.....

. and tell them to re-boot the router...
Erm....  ? ? ? ?    Huh
5 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 159

Re: Daft email ? ?

I (and I'm sure many others) collect emails from my phone. It's also worth noting that to receive this email you would have had to specifically sign up for email updates about service status issues Wink
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I Agree.... Just seemed to be " a bit Daft"...to send an email to those who can`t connect ! ! ...
Obviously, if those same people had not "opted" for the email notifications... then they still would not know....
Difficult to call, on how to promote a "non-connection" fault/problem though... 
Perhaps, this thread, may come up with some useful Ideas from the members....
(text messge  ? ) 
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Surely the idea is to sign up for notifications through an independent email service such as gmail that you can access from a mobile phone. You'd be daft to have notification emails sent to a service that you need to access through PN!
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

"If you don't have Internet access, you can hear the latest Service Status updates by calling 0800 917 6714."
Although of course you would only know that if you had an alternative means of accessing the internet or had previously taken note of the number.
http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2 (under All Live Updates)
SpendLessTime
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 53

What I find daft is that there is no mention of which customers are having this issue.
Is it certain exchanges or certain BTW concatenation point or Plusnet end points or specific geographical areas?
If I had a problem would I just assume it is down to this issue or do I have another non related issue?
Just to be clear, I have no issues (with my comms line anyway)