cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPD

CX
Grafter

DPD

I've always had good experiences of DPD, at my old place of work. Today, I have been waiting for a parcel to be delivered at home, and I expected it to go just as smoothly.
I was given a delivery slot of 15:40 to 16:40. At exactly 16:40 I receive a notification SMS and email, titled "We're sorry we missed you", that there was no-one present to sign for the delivery and that calling card xxxxxx was left. This is accompanied by a very blurry photo of a random house (but not mine). The delivery address details are correct, and I have a CCTV camera on the front door, and nobody has been, so the only conclusion I can come to is that the driver was falling behind, and instead of doing things properly, decided to cheat the system by blaming it on the recipient of the parcel.
I can understand falling behind because of weather, but to receive dishonest excuses rubs me the wrong way.
14 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: DPD

A shame because their service is usually excellent.
We had a similar thing with UPS, a parcel was delivered and on the side of the box it said second attempt at delivery which was clearly a lie as we can clearly see anybody coming up the drive and we were both in during the day.
Perhaps they get behind and claim they had to return to an address for a second time, having said that I always thought there was a tracker on their vans ?
beeceegee
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: gleneagles
having said that I always thought there was a tracker on their vans ?

There is - you can track them online; also tells you that you are delivery number X and driver is currently on delivery number Y
Fixes: 125

Always had excellent service from DPD and their tracker has usually been very accurate regarding timings.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Mal08
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

I've always had excellent service from DVD - as others have described. For the last two years it's always been the same driver, and the text informing me of felivery names him.
Amazon used to use them until they set up Amazon logistics. Don't get the same level of service from them.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: CX
I've always had good experiences of DPD, at my old place of work. Today, I have been waiting for a parcel to be delivered at home, and I expected it to go just as smoothly.
I was given a delivery slot of 15:40 to 16:40. At exactly 16:40 I receive a notification SMS and email, titled "We're sorry we missed you", that there was no-one present to sign for the delivery and that calling card xxxxxx was left. This is accompanied by a very blurry photo of a random house (but not mine). The delivery address details are correct, and I have a CCTV camera on the front door, and nobody has been, so the only conclusion I can come to is that the driver was falling behind, and instead of doing things properly, decided to cheat the system by blaming it on the recipient of the parcel.
I can understand falling behind because of weather, but to receive dishonest excuses rubs me the wrong way.

I think you should be complaining direct to DPD about this.... and I am sure they will " compensate" you... but more than that... they will want to ensure that the guy who was "supposed" to have delivered your item is, at the very least, reprimanded,  but more likely to be booted out... as he is giving them a bad reputation, whilst "securing" his own, with false information. and deliberate lies to customers..  ( and , of course... you have the proof )....
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: Mal08
I've always had excellent service from DVD

Yup, I had a good service from DOD too... though they're based in america they supply our military and police with intelligence.
No idea how you got service from a round disc for the dvd player though?  Huh Cheesy Wink
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

The delivery address details are correct, and I have a CCTV camera on the front door, and nobody has been, so the only conclusion I can come to is that the driver was falling behind, and instead of doing things properly, decided to cheat the system by blaming it on the recipient of the parcel.

Sounds like one of the old tricks Citylink lackeys were using, maybe they've leaked into the DPD employment system... Huh
CX
Grafter

I'm going to see if it turns up today. I'm willing to give the guy a break for one day. But there's no way in hell I'm driving to a "Parcel Shop" to collect something that I've paid to be delivered to my door.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

If it's the same driver ask him what happened and tell him there was no record of him appearing on your CCTV, did you got to the wrong house? This will tell him in the nicest way not to do it again.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

https://www.dpd.co.uk/content/how-can-we-help/contact.jsp
Of course, your 'contract' is probably with the supplier of your goods and they will have contracted DPD to fulfil the delivery on their behalf, it's worth contacting your supplier to advise them of the delivery problem, they will likely have more 'clout' with DPD as a direct paying customer.  There's a chance that you'd be able to claim a refund of your delivery charge (your supplier will likely get a refund from DPD if they can prove the delivery did not happen as contracted).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
idonno
Grafter

so the only conclusion I can come to is that the driver was falling behind, and instead of doing things properly, decided to cheat the system by blaming it on the recipient of the parcel.

Probably the infamous feather duster trick. Tickle the letter box and run. But I too have had some positives experience from DPD. At least they do ring my door bell. Not like the Post office who deliver letters, rattling the letter box. 5 minutes later I go to check the post only to find a Sorry we missed you card. Why shove the letters through if they also have a parcel to deliver. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr
nadger
Rising Star

My monthly prescription medical supplies ( not tablets) come via DPD and have done so for at least 4 years without problem.
CX
Grafter

The parcel turned up on time on the second attempt, no problems.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Well at least you weren't this guy  Huh
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-35275855