cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPD UK

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

DPD UK

Never had a parcel delivered by this firm before but am well impressed with their setup.
Sent me a link to their website regarding a parcel being delivered today which shows a map of our local area, the name of the driver, the number  he has currently delivered  too which also shows my number on the list and the approximate time of my delivery.
Out of interest I am number 80 on the list with an approximate delivery time between 2 to 3 pm which would suggest  he must be making at least 100 deliveries today.
I have often had e mails from other delivery firms giving me an approximate time of delivery but nothing as detailed as this which would allow me to track his route throughout the day  if I had nothing better to do.
12 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: DPD UK

Last time I had a DPD delivery I was impressed at the email link with the driver-tracker, so much so that I belittled citylink (this was when they "lost" two of my items by delivering to the same street name in the wrong town) for not having it in a "How come they can have such an incredible tracking system that shows the location of the driver, buy you lot can not?" manner when I last spoke to them, but, who cares, they went belly up for failing to deliver (hah!!) a decent service... Grin
Even things like ParcelForce and the like haven't got this level of tracking, it's about time they all should to prevent wrong deliveries and the ability to trace where a lost package was left... Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

DPD are very good in my experience, the same goes for Interlink Express which is another division of the same company.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

+1 for DPD
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
jab1
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 5

+ 2. I've never had a problem with them either.
My local Hermes is good too.
John
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Ditto on email, and estimated time.... when he showed up, I was looking out of the window,  (boredom) and he was actually 5 mins earlier than the predicted time.... same as you, I think I was numbe 84 on his list ....
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

DPD excellent service  Cool
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
nanotm
Pro

yeah if only all courier firms were as good as dpd are!
in 4 years of having hundreds (maybe thousands) of items delivered through them only one item has ever gone missing (and  it wasn't the only item off that drivers round as he was in court for stealing multiple counts of parcel deliveries, he was only employed as a delivery driver for 1 day though which speaks about their quality audit system!)
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
alanf
Aspiring Pro

I'd like to add my appreciation for DPD tracker. Knowing how far away the van in allows one to know whether or not there is time to perform a task before the arrival of the package.
I don't often buy small items online but when I have sadly only one supplier has chosen to use DPD.
Community Veteran

I've always been impressed with DPD. Never had a bad experience with them. It's a pity some of the other courier firms don't follow their example Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Only had one bad experience with them - where the courier tried to deliver to the wrong house - similar but different house names in the road - and then did the same on the redelivery.
He complained that he went where his satnav said
It hadn't happened before or since so I would assume that the coding was put in wrong and he didn't bother looking at the house name (the basic post code was the same)
My one gripe with DPD is that it is a premium rate phone number so costs money
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Owned by France's La Poste so the frogs do something right!  Cheesy
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Steve
Pro

I agree with everyone else here. DPD has been good with deliveries to me, text me the window when they should be coming and they've always been inside it. I suppose DPD is not run by monkeys and getting peanuts as a salary?