cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPD Delivery

Fixes: 125

DPD Delivery

Am expecting a signed-for delivery today by DPD and received an email giving me an hour's slot this afternoon - no problem with that. There was also a 'Follow my parcel' link to the website which tells me I'm no 70 on the driver's list and he is currently delivering number 35. It even tells me the driver's name. Great to have such information Smiley
There's also another link where I can change the delivery date, arrange the package to be left with a neighbour and even arrange to have it left in a safe place. Checking out the options note I that I have to agree to a waiver if I give instructions to leave the parcel in a safe place (porch, shed, garage are some suggestions but you can specify your own choice). Fair enough but what then stops the driver from keeping said item but reporting it as delivered? I understand if it happened a few times he would be investigated and possibly dismissed but that wouldn't recover the cost of any missing package?
Would you choose the 'Safe place' option?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

26 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: DPD Delivery

Sounds like an excellent system, some just show out for delivery so you could be stuck in all day waiting.
Leave in a safe spot is ok providing you live in a relative safe area, an alternative might be to leave with a neighbour providing you check with them they will be in at the agreed time
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

yeah i only ever use the redelivery option if i wont be around when they show up ever since i had trouble with city link years ago forging paperwork and steeling high value goods
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you

I like this tracking lark...
Currently delivering number 43 and my delivery will be in approximately 2 hours 15 minutes.
Let's see how close the actually time will be.
Edit: Oh, there's even a map showing where the driver is at the moment.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Community Veteran

I have used most of the delivery companies and find DPD to be the best of the bunch. I like their 1 hour slot and they have never failed to arrive within the hour stated. Good company Smiley
Community Veteran

DPD are great - they usually deliver around 5-10 minutes earlier than you expect if you are tracking them on the real time map Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

I find that they usually deliver in the first minute of the time slot having waited up the road for the clock to tick over and release the parcel for delivery
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I agree. In my experience DPD are the gold standard and don't seem to be any more expensive. If I discover a supplier is intending to use CityLink I avoid placing the order with them if possible.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

Citylink stole a box of popcorn from me once.
The driver signed for it himself (with my name!), drove past my house so it clocked his position then lied about it.
Having provided full CCTV of the timescale he was meant to deliver I suspect he lost his job as I haven't seen that driver again.
I really hope he thought that £5 worth of popcorn was worth it !

Delivered by a very nice man at 15:30 Smiley

Community Veteran

Other delivery companies could learn from DPD Smiley
I've never heard a bad word said about them.

Although the item was quite cheap (a tad over £65 reduced from the original price of £169 last year) delivery was expensive at over £10 but well worth the cost considering the bargain I got the item for Smiley

Devonian
Grafter

You do realise certain companies, especially Amazon give permission for a box to be left in a safe place whether the customer asks or not.
I've had laptops marked as 'leave in safe place'.
How about no chance!
Community Veteran

I have to agree about DPD.
The last time they came to me was an item from Germany which arrived the day after I ordered it, pretty much at the time predicted on the tracker!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

DPD, can't fault 'em, just a superior outfit to most of the dross that deliver, ie Yodel......... Cheesy