cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DM Shop

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

DM Shop

Looks like the DM shop is as bad as the paper.
First phone call (7 minutes) your phone call is important to us etc bla bla?...........then the phone line disconnceced.
Second phone call (10 minutes) Same message, then transferred on to a line with a ringing tone for 2 minutes, then a message to say all operators are busy please leave your number so we can get back to you followed by a further message to say our message box is full and can take no further messages !
OK, so the call is 5p a minute so not a fortune but if you consider the number of other people doing the same thing they must be making a fortune, in my opinion its little short of a scam
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: DM Shop

I'm still in Spain and I ordered from them this morning online without any problem.  Smiley Hope they don't use City Link for the delivery Crazy
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

@artmo,
Still in Spain, wish I was in Spain, better weather and I assume less people with colds and flu.
Wink
As for the DM shop, yes I went on line and ordered with no problems but the advert displays the phone number in big bold letters yet there is nothing to indicate you can order online, sure there is a website but the impression given is that their terms and conditions are on the website but nothing about ordering items.
Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: gleneagles
OK, so the call is 5p a minute so not a fortune

People have been shot for less!
Crikey i remember getting the blame from my missus for a £70 phone bill one month.. i'd not even used the phone yet she'd been using a 2p per min international phone call service - relelntlessly  Roll eyes Convinced that at 2p per minute it would cost her virtually nothing, she was on the phone abroad almost every day for considerable lengths of time. Then the bill came in and i got the "going at" for it. When i asked her to point out even one phone call i'd made and to explain how her international calls were so high in numbers and cost she went rather quiet lol.
Even now i still barely use the landline.. in my youth even into my early twenties i always had to ask permission to use the phone - even for a quick local call. My use of the phone was treated like a criminal act and that has kind of stayed with me. My missus has to put credit on my mobile for me because i refuse to do so - i still feel guilty for the expense of it.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
RobPN
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: 7up
Quote from: gleneagles
OK, so the call is 5p a minute so not a fortune

People have been shot for less!

I quite agree, to me 5p a minute is extortionate, especially when some companies add a connection charge at the beginning of the call.
I used to call mobiles very rarely - almost only in a matter of life or death (figuratively speaking), but now I can call them for 0.5p (yes half a penny) per minute I don't mind.
How do I do that?  Simple - I avoid the rip-off charges levied by landline companies and use VoIP for all my calls.  Wink
pwatson
Rising Star

Care to spill the beans on your VOIP provider?  My current provider is 1.5p/min for calls to UK mobiles  Embarrassed
RobPN
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: pwatson
Care to spill the beans on your VOIP provider?

I'm presently using FreeVoipDeal - www.freevoipdeal.com
If you check here you might find another suitable account with a better combination of call charges for your situation.  Wink
pwatson
Rising Star

Ah, the juggling of Betamax providers Smiley  I did use SMSListo when they were about half the price of Sipgate for mobiles but I've now moved most calls to Localphone.