cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DHL Email Con

Fixes: 47

DHL Email Con

I was just looking through Junk Mail in Webmail and spotted an email from DHL with an attached invoice.
I have recently had a delivery from Germany via DHL so would instinctively look at this email.
However I'm also suspicious of any email caught by filters so I had a closer look at things.
The email was sent on the 9th of September....I placed my original order on 6th of October.
If the sender's timing had been a bit better I might have been more tempted to view it....I say might.
PS Any attempt to download the attached .doc file had my Kaspersky screaming at me.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: DHL Email Con

Things like this aren't new though are they. The scammers are out there trying it on every day in the hope that some muppet somewhere will eventually fall for it somehow.
I just don't take anything seriously that comes by email  Cheesy I suspect one day that will catch me out.. but i always look at suspicious emails or emails that look semi genuine with a fine toothcomb.
What does annoy me is that they've taken to ringing people up now too. We get phone calls virtually every day for this phone numbers previous 'tennant' and the moment you say it's not ther number anymore the sales spiel starts anyway - despite the telephone preference service.
Oh and my forum was just recently blasted with a wave of spammers trying to get their adverts through again. Lucky for me I have new members posts on moderation so they never make it through but the moment the spammers start getting to that stage I know i need to change the registration Q&A questions.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Fixes: 47

Re: DHL Email Con

No they aren't new and won't stop any time soon.
It was just the timing of this one.
Order delivered by DHL.....invoice email received from DHL (even though I owed them nothing).
Many could be caught out....and are.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation