cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cybercrime: Radio 4

N/A

Cybercrime: Radio 4

There is a programme on Radio 4 tonight (8p.m.) about cybercrime.
Looks as if it will be interesting so passing it on for information.
If I am not around tomorrow you'll know that it'll be because I'm too scared to go anywhere near a computer!    Shocked
3 REPLIES
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Cybercrime: Radio 4

DOCUMENTARY: Hacked to Pieces
On: BBC Radio Four (704)   
Date: Tuesday 28th April 2009 (starting in 1 hour and 24 minutes)
Time: 20:00 to 20:40 (40 minutes long)
Jolyon Jenkins investigates whether we have lost the war on cybercrime and looks at a new criminal economy which has grown to feed the demand for our most private details. He finds that the security details of ordinary members of the public - their bank details, passwords, and secret security questions - are being openly traded in cybercrime forums. And he discovers that we are all vulnerable to criminals who trade on our human weaknesses: our magpie-like obsession with gaudiness and trivia, and our willingness to click the OK button without thinking through the consequences. The threat comes not from lone hackers, but from networks of criminals who have developed an astonishingly complex and mature organisational infrastructure that the authorities seem virtually powerless to deal with.
(Repeated Sunday)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=17639
Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.
N/A

Well, still here and it was an interesting programme so hope that others will catch up on Sunday or Listen Again and air their views.
Not much was said about prevention but it did point out what a multi-million pound industry there is built around our security needs.
One chap had very little trouble hacking into Jolyon's computer to obtain passwords and e-mails but didn't say how he had done it i.e. what weaknesses there were on the computer in question. He also left the laptop with a 'present' of a trojan.
It is all a bit scary, especially as they also drew attention to the fact that identity fraud is very likely not to be investigated by the police. 
Fixes: 101

I'm aiming for a listen again tomorrow... football took over tonight  Wink
Will Moderate For Thanks