cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom mouse mat

Fixes: 125

Custom mouse mat

From my previous thread where I started using a sheet of paper for the mouse I have found the paper doesn;t always give the best results so have decided to invest in a mat.
Did a Google search to see if I could customise with my own photo and found you can.
The first one was Boots but you have to register just to try a design.
I came across Snappy Gifts and can customise a mat easily.
Has anyone used such a service before? Are the mats good quality? Is there any sort of photo I should avoid -= to dark, too light?
They do work out more expensive but I like the idea of using my own picture Smiley

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Custom mouse mat

Not sure, but I would have thought that a pic with sharp areas of light and dark,.... exteme version would be chess board,  you might have problems, whereas a pic of , say, a nicely mowed lawn, would present a more "even" VIEW vis a vis the optical part of the mouse...
I think that is why you get a mouse mat in just one colour,....  ( yeah I know that you can put a pic of your girlfriend/wife/mother-in-law et al.... but do you really look at your mousemat when using it? )
Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Put a photo of a mouse trap on your new mouse mat !
Community Veteran

i have a piece of plain grey drawing paper (recycled at that).  white paper doesn't work so well.