cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curtain Up!!

Community Veteran

Curtain Up!!

A new box office record has been established for the upcoming production of Miss Saigon which opens in May, 2014 at the Prince Edward theatre in London's West End.
The tickets were released to the public yesterday and reached £4.4m for the day in advance sales.
Record Ticket Sales
The show opened originally 25 years ago and I remember it was an exciting production and I am looking forward to seeing it again.
Luckily I didn't have to purchase tickets yesterday as Cameron Mackintosh arranged for some of us to get tickets 2 weeks ago.
Something to look forward to Smiley Smiley
12 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Curtain Up!!

Quote from: artmo
Cameron Mackintosh

You clearly wanted to drop a name and as I've not got a clue, perhaps you'd enlighten me / us?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I saw the original production and don't remember being greatly impressed so I won't be revisiting.
Community Veteran

@Sprite,Ah you're possibly not a theatre fan or you would know him. He is one of the most influential men in British theatre alongside Andrew Lloyd-Webber.
Cameron Mackintosh
His influence also spreads to Broadway and throughout the world where his shows are produced.
Community Veteran

Now, now.. you're making assumptions! I've been to the theatre.. mostly to see comedians  Wink
Never heard of him before so I've learned something today (along with the cat likes walking over the keyboard at that crucial moment)  Smiley
The real question though is how you know this guy? - knowing you he's either a business contact or a personal friend lol
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Mutual friends.
Javert
Grafter

I saw the original cast - and then saw the show a further seven times!  A great show with excellent staging - one of my top favourite musicals.
Community Veteran

Wow!! That's dedication.  If i remember rightly it was staged at Drury Lane Undecided
I always remember Lea Salonga who was an unknown before starring in Miss Saigon. A beautiful voice and she then went on to play in Les Mis.
Javert
Grafter

Don’t know about dedication . . perhaps a bit of madness!  Musical theatre is a great interest of mine.  Yes, it was staged at Drury Lane’s Theatre Royal.
Have seen Les Mis ten times - and did a 4-day Workshop with the show!
Community Veteran

Some interesting details of the show here:
Miss Saigon
Community Veteran

Saw it years ago.......an excellent production and if it gets to any of our local theaters I will certainly go and see it again.
Community Veteran

I recently went to see Cameron's new production of Barnum at Chichester - great show and the setting being so appropriate made it even better.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Community Veteran

We went to see Miss Saigon last night. It is an unbelievable show. Strong cast and some tremendous technical effects. The helicopter scene is even better than in the original production. Highly recommended Smiley Smiley