cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curious behavior in the Lottery show draws!!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Curious behavior in the Lottery show draws!!

Has anybody else noticed? during the lottery results, just before the main lotto draw takes place the Daily Play result is given. Every week behind the glass to the top right, at that very moment the same girl walks in to the booth and hands a sheet of paper to the two guys sitting there, I wonder what earth shattering information this piece of paper contains. It can't be the result, as that's already being shown on screen. It might be a list of winners, but why? what would that have to do with them. Whatever it is they look pretty pleased to get it.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Curious behavior in the Lottery show draws!!

I've just twigged what it is, it happens so regularly, it must be a print-out of whatever piece of "secure" data this government has er! "mislaid"
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Fixes: 105

what's the lottery?
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

It's a Chinese take-away menu Grin
Community Veteran

Quote from: adiewoo
what's the lottery?

It's what broadband speed you get down the telephone line Grin Grin
Community Veteran

Judging by another thread on the forum, it's whether your local council can be bothered to collect your rubbish.  Undecided
John
Loombucket
Grafter

I've never seen anything quite so juvenile as the Lottery draw programme - especially when the rent-a-presenter energetically and dramatically presses down on a thumping great pedestal-mounted button that does eff all, while a little feller in the background wearing white gloves reaches out and flips a little switch that actually starts the thing....
Roll eyes
N/A

That always makes me chuckle too.
Kinda reminds me of the local Xmas lights switch on - we have to be careful that any acts on before the big event don't do any sort of countdowns - the chaps with the switches for the lights, and the guys setting off the fireworks are some way distant, and they simply listen for a countdown to reach zero, then they turn the lights on and set off the firework display.
Again, the button does nothing at all, other than add to the 'sense of occassion' or some such gubbins