Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cry babies on board

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Cry babies on board

Daft idea in my view (and I never seem to get a window seat) from Japan Airlines to help avoid "screaming babies" on board - like that's going to work.

Been there done that, and you cannot help but hear the little angels from one end of the aircraft to the other, but how shocking to hear presenter Jon Kay with Naga Muchetty (as if she's not already in enough trouble) on BBC this morning refer to them as "little brats".

Blimey, even I'd not go that far!

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 35

Re: Cry babies on board

The only sure way for pasengers ( and cabin crew ) to avoid screaming babies on board regular flights, is for the company to inaugurate "Parent(s) and Baby (ies) only " flights..... then they can all travel together, leaving the other passengers to enjoy (?) the peace and quiet of the flight ........

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

So who is flying the plane and attending to those parents and baby flights? 

A dummy airline perhaps. Wink 

Highlighted
Community Veteran

That's a potty idea.

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

I'm betting first class passengers don't have this problem. 

I wonder what Harry and Meghan do when little Archie kicks off on one of their many flights. Oh yes, they hand him over to Nanny in the back. Smiley

Highlighted
Pro

There is a simple ploy to avoid these problems.

Don't fly.

Save yourself a load of grief, and save the planet at the same time. Thumbs_Up

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 8

Our attitude to the infants of our own species seems the most peculiar among all creation. We bred them, so it should not be a problem to put up with them despite our discomforts.

One thing I can think is this. The wailing kids are not ours. In the animal realm  e.g. male lions. offspring not sired are killed. Is our attitude a remnant of that?

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

It's the lack of control we have for other peoples kids, and and intervene? Well we all know what happens if we try that!

Male Lions have the right idea Thumbs_Up

Highlighted
Pro

@Minivanman  And of course the lack of control that some people seem to have for their own offspring.

Nothing anyone can do about a crying baby. It has to be put up with. However unless the travel is really urgent, might it not be better for all concerned not to take babies on flights, and to actually have some control over bigger offspring? 

In the meantime I take my own advice. I don't fly.

I don't feel the loss. I'm lucky enough to live in a nice place, and can take time off when I please. 

Highlighted
Rising Star

Any airline that offered childfree flights would be inundated with customers who want to fly in peace & avoid families with children.
Highlighted
Fixes: 415

On our 12 hour flight to Vancouver we were 'entertained' by a 6 year old girl in the seat behind us. Standing on her seat with her head between us she gave us her life story including preparations for the trip.

Apparently she slept soundly in the car the entire journey from Leeds to London Gatwick which meant she wasn't sleeping on the flight....and neither were we.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 74.0.1 (64-bit)

Life is tough enough without adding Linux into the mix.
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

A good pair of headphones....even if you are not listening to anything.......that's the easiest solution !

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Doesn't help when they are kicking the seat back continually and when you say something to their parents they just grin and say "They're a child, they're bored" ....

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 8

@Strat wrote:

On our 12 hour flight to Vancouver we were 'entertained' by a 6 year old girl in the seat behind us. Standing on her seat with her head between us she gave us her life story including preparations for the trip.

Apparently she slept soundly in the car the entire journey from Leeds to London Gatwick which meant she wasn't sleeping on the flight....and neither were we.

@Strat The film may well have been worse! Did you not try to enjoy that  tot's wanting to converse with that man at all?

I tell you; far worse disturbances can happen on a flight to Vancouver. When we went a lady in a seat in front of ushad a deep vein thrombosis and heart attack. There was chaos all around, calls for anyone qualified to help, but strangely a retired missionary doctor was rejectedShocked. Flight was prioritised straight in to airport. Our guide had to leave in the hands of the coach driver for over a day to deal with formalities.

Child entertaining over all that? Please!

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Highlighted
Fixes: 415

It was fun for the first couple of hours @Luzern

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 74.0.1 (64-bit)

Life is tough enough without adding Linux into the mix.