Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crisps are better than raisins say Dentists

Leapy
Aspiring Pro

Crisps are better than raisins say Dentists

At last some good news Smiley

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/crisps-are-better-than-raisins-say-dentists-5fhsfnjwg

The pub is two minutes from my home, although my home is two hours from the pub,
47 REPLIES
Steve
Pro

Re: Crisps are better than raisins say Dentists

Time for some Monster Munch.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Monster Munch is ace.

Steve
Pro

Damn right it is @Mook what is your fav? mine is beef.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Paywalled article so can't see the details of their claims, but, yeah, dried fruit is sticky, it sticks to teeth, it breaks down into acids, acids attack the enamel on teeth, teeth fall apart...

Varied and balanced, the phrase of the decade, don't go all out on one foodstuff because someone said "It's healthier than other things!!", a varied and balanced diet is all that's required... Smiley

Edited cos Lithium can't format paragraphs properly.......

Community Veteran

Flaming Hot. Yum yum.

Steve
Pro

Nice @Mook. The same can be said for fruit drinks, rots the teeth, always use a straw.

Jonpe
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

I read one of the dental magazines in my dentist's waiting room once, and there was an article stating that Salt and Vinegar crisps were not as bad for your teeth as Cheese and Onion; apparently the latter were significantly more acidic.

@twocvbloke  Varied and balanced, not forgetting strong and stable. Smiley

Community Veteran

I was at the dentist for a check up a few weeks ago and I saw on his desk boxes of Cadbury's Roses and Celebration chocolates. When I pointed them out he told he hadn't had time to put them away and that he gets up to 5 or 6 of these a week from grateful patients! He never did say what he did with them now that I come to thing of it.

Jonpe
Seasoned Pro

He uses them to drum up business. Smiley

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 207

That's a wise dentist.
My all time favourite are Tyrell's. Who wouldn't want crisps made in the glorious land of Highgarden. Grin
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I like Tyrell's Mature Cheddar & Onion crisps, but the [-Censored-] that run the local tesco decided they'd rather not stock them (along with many other things I liked to buy, I hate that store closes down soon and is replaced with something more accommodating!!)...

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules.

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

And a punch in the face is better than a kick in the testicles.

Well at my age I don't give a monkeys whatever. Never worried about my diet or my teeth yet they are all still there (almost) as am I (just about). 

Must have been all that free school milk we had back in the 50s. 

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran

The Mature Cheddar and Pickled Onion Furrows are great along with a houmous dip.

Luzern
Pro

Mook wrote:

I was at the dentist for a check up a few weeks ago and I saw on his desk boxes of Cadbury's Roses and Celebration chocolates. When I pointed them out he told he hadn't had time to put them away and that he gets up to 5 or 6 of these a week from grateful patients! He never did say what he did with them now that I come to thing of it.

Depends what he means by 'put them away'. Example of  "don't do as I do; do as I say'?Crazy3

I'm traditional, preferring plain salted ( not too much), and it's frustrating delving among all the impostors for a packet.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.