Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crikey, non-stop in seventeen hours!

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

Crikey, non-stop in seventeen hours!

First non-stop flight from Australia arrives in the UK, and it only took seventeen hours!

Crikey, the first convict ship took over eight months, so what ratio of improvement is that?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-43530332

I know where I am, I've been lost here before.
5 REPLIES
Luzern
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Crikey, non-stop in seventeen hours!

The longest flight for me an Erin Dors was 12 hours to and from Jo'burg/ Cape Town. I'm doubtful that even then I could've coped. Then, of course, there's the state of the 'facilities'. Long ago a friend in Customs made a strong comment on their state after long haul flights.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

Never done a long haul flight m'self, and even though a brother way down there in New Zealand has often offered to pay for this pensioners return journey, I just cannot bear the thought of being cooped up for so long.

Now if he was to pay for first class and I could snooze and stretch all the way.......

Community Veteran

The voice comes over the in-cabin speaker system: "Please remain in your seats while we perform in-flight refueling and sewage pump-out."

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

Sounds like a canal boat in the sky...... with probably the same amount of room. Funny

Jonpe
Champion
Fixes: 7

There was a TV programme called something like Secrets of the Long-Haul Flight a while back and it was filmed on a Qantas Dreamliner.  The crew accommodation was surprisingly spacious, a bit like on a submarine.