cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cricketer Phillip Hughes

Community Veteran

Cricketer Phillip Hughes

How sad to hear the news this morning that cricketer Phillip Hughes had died as a result of being hit by a ball. He was 25.
Phillip Hughes
Sympathies go out to his family and friends. A sad time too for the bowler Sean Abbott who must be completely shattered by the incident.
4 REPLIES
Fixes: 124

Re: Cricketer Phillip Hughes

I am not a fan of cricket but still found this very tragic and sad.
Very distressing for all concerned.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

It is indeed sad, but accidents happen regardless of the situation, though it is sad that he also died at the same age as my eldest brother (he passed away in 2004), life sucks, but death at such a young age ain't fair... Undecided
randpwar
Grafter

Incredibly sad news to wake up to yesterday morning. It sounded bad from the news bulletins the day before but I don’t think anyone thought that the young man would lose his life.
Completely agree with artmo’s thoughts for Sean Abbott, he has done absolutely nothing wrong. He was just trying to unsettle a well set and very talented batsman by using aggressive but perfectly fair tactics; something I’m sure that Phil Hughes would admire
Just so sad
valart
Grafter

It is incredable that nobody got hurt to bodyline bowling  in1932/33 Australia were subject to bodyline bowling to Douglas Jardine Englands team. there was no protective  helmets in those days