cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card fraud (2)

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Credit card fraud (2)

The previous post on credit card fraud got me wondering what the position would be if you had an account with paypal or other organisation that retained your credit card details so you did not need to re enter them for future purchases.
Would your credit card company still refund your money if goods were purchased fraudulently  via these sources or might they say you have agreed the company can retain your card details and it is up to you to sort it out with them ?
6 REPLIES
Denzil
Grafter

Re: Credit card fraud (2)

I think as long as it is a credit card the CC company will still take responsibility. Debit cards are different though. There have been a lot of people having problems with continuing DC authorisations, because the banks leave it to you to argue with the retailer.
jmd
Grafter

I would imagine that a company like Amazon [which I use and they keep my cc details] are very careful with their security - also you have to get to your account via a password first.
Community Veteran

I'm a bit hazy on this but I seem to have read that Paypal is a foreign registered bank (Luxembourg I think) and therefore British banks would not be responsible.
Fixes: 123

I was of the understanding that if your credit card is issed by a British bank then they can be held responsible.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

Perhaps someone will have more details of this than I have. Undecided
pierre_pierre
Grafter

my US purchase that got stopped was via paypal