cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Charges.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

Credit Card Charges.

Good to see that from 13th January 2018 it will be illegal for companies providing goods and services to customers to charge any additional amount when a credit card is used for payment.

Some travel firms have been charging 2% on flights and package holidays whilst others such as the dvla for example also charge.

These rip off fees should have been stopped a long time ago.

2 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Credit Card Charges.

Banks charge small businesses about 3% for processing cash deposit. With this latest rule I can see price increases or service charges from those companies who run on high volume but tight margins.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

Re: Credit Card Charges.

We went to book a coach holiday to Gt Yarmouth later in the year, it was a small holiday company and even though they have ATOL cover I always pay the first £100  on credit card which offers you protection if the firm went bust, interesting thing is that they said after the 13th Jan they would no longer accept credit cards !

I would have thought they would have been wiser to increase the cost of holidays rather than refuse to take credit cards and if they stick with that policy IMO they will lose business