cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cowboy Trap

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Cowboy Trap

The daytime TV programme I mean. Just how much of a "free lunch" is this programme I wonder. An incredibly over-weight "expert" builder inspects building bodges by cowboy builders and repairs the damage a considerable cost.
Ok great, but, call me cynical if you like (pauses for effect) but I find it difficult to believe that any production company is going to give away large amounts of money just to get a TV programme on screen. So how do they make it pay? there's no obvious overt product placement advertising to temp Ad executives. Putting out builders goods adverts during the breaks is unlikely to appeal to the majority of housewives watching, even less so since its currently running on the BBC.
Apparently, just a bunch of philanthropic "good guy's" Do you believe that?
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
6 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Cowboy Trap

Not for one moment Smiley
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Fixes: 102

too much time on your hands Petlew? :-p
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

That, and a cynical outlook I suppose...Trusting this kind of programme on about the same level as bankers and politicians.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Fixes: 47

You presume to cast doubt on the integrity of such outstanding servants of our community Shocked      Wink
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Ummm!! er! yes.

jmd
Grafter

I have often wondered about this programe myself Petlew on the odd times I have watched it!
The other one that puzzles me is "MY House is falling down" with Sarah Beeny - why to people buy houses with such awful problems - do they not get surveyors in first!  just as in cowboy trap - do the people concerned not get reference or any background to the builders they employ?