cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couple of Rants (just getting it off my chest)

Community Veteran

Couple of Rants (just getting it off my chest)

How much longer should Sky customers subsidize their new customers? I have been a customer for many years and nothing infuriates me more than getting yet another great deal from Sky posted through my letter box that I'm not able to take advantage of.  Sky HD would cost me £150 for the box £60 installation and another £10 P.M on my contract.
New customer £70 box, £30 install  Huh
Do they realize that to fit at my house pretty much means just giving me a box where new customers need a dish and cabling fitted?
Living in the sticks I'm stuck with them the options are none, all I can do to make a stand is never take out one of their products that I am entitled to  Angry and as soon as their is an option to move on.
Summary Sky should use their effective post code checking system that barrs houses from new deals instead of the occupants, apply that to their advertising strategy and stop sending me bins full of rubbish. The trees and penguins would be happier and so would I.
Rant 2
0845/0870 numbers, Used more and more these days of which there probably is a perfectly good telecom type issue that makes sense but why do local governments to name a few keep insisting that it doesn't cost anymore to phone because its non-geographical? It does and you know it does because everyone knows that these numbers are never part of your inclusive calls on any package.
Thanks I feel cleansed.
13 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

Re: Couple of Rants (just getting it off my chest)

0845/0870 numbers

Aren't OFCOM supposed to be looking into forcing local authorites/governments to use 03 numbers instead, which of course are included in packages.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

and in a lot of cases you can covert them back using http://www.saynoto0870.com/
(my local hospial is 0845 and wont convert))
Fixes: 104

Quote from: AverageWhiteBloke
Living in the sticks I'm stuck with them the options are none, all I can do to make a stand is never take out one of their products that I am entitled to  Angry and as soon as their is an option to move on.

You should be able to get Freesat too, subscription free but you would lose a fair few channels compared to Sky.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

We bought Sky when it first came out and the promise was it would all be FREE apart from the movies. This of coarse changed  and lots of the channels became subscription. Then they put up the monthly payment by a £1 and gave you a free magazine which we didnt want. The channels are now 70% repeats and then you have +1 so you can watch the repeat of the repeat.
Freestat is the way to go but there is an odd program you like on sky that isnt on Freestat like the wifes cooking programs.
Its a problem when a company become the only supplier that they can do what they like its like MS who take liberties
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Edit: Post withdrawn due to embarrassment!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Fixes: 104

Jelv  - we're in General Chit Chat ?!
"An off-topic and easy going forum for non Plusnet related items and general social chat or humour within the rules of the board."
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: adiewoo
we're in General Chit Chat ?!
"An off-topic and easy going forum for non Plusnet related items and general social chat or humour within the rules of the board."

As one  Bright Spark said unto the other !  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Community Veteran

D'oh Embarrassed
I'm always forgetting which forum I'm in as I read from the unread posts list - I'd been looking at another post that was in rants and thought I was still there!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Smiley When in Index  Wink look at entry  Cool it tells you what section you are going to  Roll eyes
Community Veteran

I'm looking at the other end of the line to click the icon to go to the first unread post in the topic!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I do similar, but click ont the section I dont like and mark read the lot then go back to unread items
Community Veteran

Gamers forum?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

thats one the other has something to do with P