cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could you be scammed (quiz)?

Fixes: 226

Could you be scammed (quiz)?

More for fun really as I would expect most of the regular posters here would not be easily scammedSmiley

Are you too smart to be scammed?

Screenshot_20180123-024055.pngMy Score:

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 20

Re: Could you be scammed (quiz)?

I only managed 6/8 but I tend to be over cautious on sms's - see my thread on B'card '-)
I blackholed 2 "good ones"
Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

I got 7 / 8.

Question 6 is one of those "gotcha" jobs. Advise is never to trust numbers sent by text yet the question shows a text with a number the next text will be sent from which is against official advice anyway!

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

I got 6/8 but there again i think most text from bank are scams , as i told mine not to send text to my phone Ring me its easier Thumbs Up

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

7/8 but I misread the question I got wrong. So, probably would have got 8/8 had I not been rushing.

To put it into perspective when I first started working in the City of London, normal Forex (foreign exchange between banks) deals were "confirmed" using Telex which was okay as the remote end could be verified, but some of the Banks wanted to use fax for confirming deals as the equipment and lines costs were lower. They said fax has the originating number printed on them and you could do real signatures on the fax document. I had some Directors moaning me for refusing to approve the use of fax.  Eventually I had to get BT in to demonstrate how easy it would be to cheat the system, plus the threat of me complaining to the auditors.

As the typical deal size was $5 Million for each trade, the modern day hackers would have had a field day in those primitive times.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Pretty straightforward and hard to get wrong.

As long as you read them at least twice like you would in real life.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 45

7 out of 8 for me as well with question 6 wrong imho.
I must have been really bad in a previous life as this was my 3rd ISP in a row that used lithium.
Now you're stuck with me because my new ISP doesn't run a forum Cheesy
Rapthorne
Grafter

8/8

It really concerns me if that 9% figure is actually accurate, because the fakes were so blatant to me.

Is anything actually being done to educate people on this stuff in a meaningful way? I've noticed that fake robot advert on TV once or twice, but it's not felt very impactful.

CPU: Ryzen 7 1800X @ 4GHz
GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1060 6GB
Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz
Case: Red/Black NZXT S340 Elite
Jonpe
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 6

Rapthorne wrote:

8/8

Is anything actually being done to educate people on this stuff in a meaningful way?

Considering the number of people who actually believe they've won big on the Nigerian lottery despite never having bought a ticket, I fear we are facing an uphill struggle as far as education goes.