cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could do with this in our village

Fixes: 123

Could do with this in our village

[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2065097/Not-knowing-speed-limit-wont-wash-Homeowner-paints-huge-30mph-sign-house-spate-accidents-village.html]I've told you before, now SLOW DOWN! Homeowner paints huge 30mph speed limit sign on the side of his house[/url
When Devon County Council failed to act the father-of-three spent five hours covering the entire side wall of his end-of-terrace property with the giant speed limit sign.
Mr Backhouse, a self-employed artist and builder, said: 'I know it might seem like a bit of a drastic measure but I'm sick and tired of motorists, lorries in particular, speeding through.

How long before the council tell him to remove it as it could distract drivers? Undecided

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

2 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Could do with this in our village

Very good but yes you're right I bet the local council get snotty with him shortly.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Could do with this in our village

As you approach Berkhampstead (Hertfordshire) from the A41 there are two unofficial local resident erected speed camera signs that have been there for many years. They seem to do their intended job. Its only if you look at them closely you realise they are "not quite right" in appearance.
I'm fairly sure that these are not the only one's dotted around the countryside.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.