Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coronavirus

Highlighted
All Star
Fixes: 4

Re: Coronavirus

Why do I keep getting a sense of it'll be back to normal by next week from some quarters. Dream world I think. Just been listening to the Andrew Marr show and the interview with the Italian Deputy Health Minister. Very sobering in many ways and a wake up call. As he said, it is a very deceitful disease i.e. you get over the fever, only for your lungs to go rotten.

Will I be going into work next week - after self isolating for 2 weeks? Looking very doubtful. Not too certain whether I want to be there to be honest. 

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Highlighted
Champion
Fixes: 12

Went to my local Morrisons this morning for a few essentials, and was surprised to see they had someone disinfecting trolley and basket handles as customers returned them. Self service tills were being wiped down (touch screens and payment terminals) between customers and also saw someone doing freezer handles whilst I was in there.

First time I've seen that anywhere...

Highlighted
Pro

Interesting article in The Spectator about reporting deaths from CV19. You can find it HERE.

As a regular example in the UK 200 men die FROM prostate cancer every week but another 200 simply die WITH it if they have other health issues too.

As far as reporting The Virus is concerned my view is that only people hospitalised  should be reported as having it as others could simply have a traditional cold or flu (which also kills 20k old people a year but nobody is bothered much about that!).

In terms of absolute numbers the main issue would appear to be overloading the NHS rather than total deaths.

I predict that Project Fear 3 will keep us all indoors for some time to come and restrictions will be in force for the foreseeable future.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Maybe I'm being picky but why is plusnets latest nuisance popup titled "Coronavirus update"?

It's nothing of the sort. It's simply a service update. Or should that be lack of service update.

Highlighted
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 18

What popup?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Highlighted
Community Veteran

@VileReynard 

I must be getting the one meant for you and several others as I have had the same message 5 times at each logon.

Highlighted
Community Veteran

@DaveyH 

Why surprised?

I would be more surprised if they were not doing that.

😉

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

He'll be ok because he doesn't drink.

cv.jpg

Highlighted
Pro

@TeeGee wrote:

Interesting article in The Spectator about reporting deaths from CV19. You can find it HERE.

As a regular example in the UK 200 men die FROM prostate cancer every week but another 200 simply die WITH it if they have other health issues too.

As far as reporting The Virus is concerned my view is that only people hospitalised  should be reported as having it as others could simply have a traditional cold or flu (which also kills 20k old people a year but nobody is bothered much about that!).

As they are still (as yet) only testing those who are hospitalised (plus POSSIBLY some NHS staff?) they are only reporting people who are hospitalised as having Covid-19. 
The death figures exclude any people who have died at home who may have had the disease:

”As of 5pm on 28 March, of those hospitalised in the UK, 1,228 have sadly died.”

https://twitter.com/DHSCgovuk/status/1244248001868111874?s=20 (my bold).

On TV this morning, Gove claimed we were now testing 10,000 a day. The last figures released showed only 6961 had been tested in the last 24 hours. I await tomorrow’s release of figures with interest.

Highlighted
Community Veteran

@idonno wrote:

i.e. you get over the fever, only for your lungs to go rotten.

Or six months after you've apparently recovered it'll come out of hiding in victims bodies and rot your brain out instead leaving us with the zombie apocalypse.

Just a couple of months back none of you thought a worldwide plague was possible either so you can stop laughing.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Highlighted
Aspiring Hero

Or this plague Coronvirus will be as common as the Common Cold and people will keep re-infecting each other.

So we are all doomed! So there will be a steady attrition of the population, forever.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

@VileReynard wrote:

So there will be a steady attrition of the population, forever.

Mother nature has a way of dealing with problem species on her planet... 😁

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

@twocvbloke wrote:

Mother nature has a way of dealing with problem species on her planet... 😁

You mean the destructive parasite humans have become ? 

Good planets are hard to come by .....

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 9

Has anyone analysed what proportion of those affected voted Leave? 😀

Highlighted
Aspiring Hero

Since it was mostly old people who voted for Brexit, after the virus has done its thing, we could apply to rejoin the EU.