Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coronavirus

Highlighted
Community Veteran

Re: Coronavirus

@jab1 wrote:

Well, I was keeping out of this, but having been to the large Sainsburys and Tesco over the past couple of days, I find it incredulous that people are still stockpiling loo and kitchen roll 🤣

Went to Sains on Tuesday afternoon and found eight lonely packs of four so bought one as I'm down to my last roll and a half. Went to Tesco this afternoon and saw two packs of Tesco brand kitchen rolls (but didn't buy any cos I've still got four rolls in the cupboard).

Is it me, or are people stark raving stupid?Undecided

Check with the store manager and you might get the full facts. My local manager tells me stock is arriving daily but not at the normal level and this accounts for shelves not being as full as normal. Also they are limiting the quantities of certain products so bulk buying isn't happening as it was last week.

Highlighted
Pro
Fixes: 1

@DaveyH wrote:

My point being the majority use metric, so why confuse things by using an outdated system used by only those clinging to the past...

Irrespective of whichever units you are familiar with, nobody is going to be carrying a tape measure so relating separation distance to the height of a standard door is a good way of managing to keep apart

My other car isn't a Ferrari
Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 32

@artmo wrote:

@jab1 wrote:

Well, I was keeping out of this, but having been to the large Sainsburys and Tesco over the past couple of days, I find it incredulous that people are still stockpiling loo and kitchen roll 🤣

Went to Sains on Tuesday afternoon and found eight lonely packs of four so bought one as I'm down to my last roll and a half. Went to Tesco this afternoon and saw two packs of Tesco brand kitchen rolls (but didn't buy any cos I've still got four rolls in the cupboard).

Is it me, or are people stark raving stupid?Undecided

Check with the store manager and you might get the full facts. My local manager tells me stock is arriving daily but not at the normal level and this accounts for shelves not being as full as normal. Also they are limiting the quantities of certain products so bulk buying isn't happening as it was last week.

I did actually speak to the section manager,(at Tesco) and was informed that as soon as a pallet was even placed on the floor, people were grabbing the maximum 3 packs, and as this was happening early in the day after the overnight deliveries - which as you say are not at the normal levels - all stock has gone by late morning.  Surely by now everyone must have a years supply of loo rolls?

John
Highlighted
Community Veteran

@maranello wrote:

the height of a standard door

Yes that's a good way or the usual would be a tall man. A six footer.

Or do you really have to say a person of indeterminate sex 1.82 metres high.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

@twocvbloke wrote:

After all, if they need a palletload of pootickets to last a few weeks of isolation or quarantine, then they have bigger problems than a virus, or they also have a stomach virus like norovirus, but still doesn't need that much toilet fodder... 🤔.

Or they've had a gall bladder removed... in which case,yes you do need that much. Trust me i know from personal experience.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Boris now confirmed to have it.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

@7up wrote:

Or they've had a gall bladder removed... in which case,yes you do need that much. Trust me i know from personal experience.

The mother had her gall bladder removed in the 80s, and she doesn't go through a palletload of bogroll over the course of a month, so a slight exaggeration there methinks... 🤔

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 22

The cats are in lockdown too now - can't be too careful.  😉

porridge haggis.jpg

Bee Alert >> Spray safe >> Save hives
Highlighted
Pro

@7up wrote:

And people say there isn’t a God...

Highlighted
All Star
Fixes: 4

@DaveyH wrote: My point being the majority use metric, so why confuse things by using an outdated system used by only those clinging to the past...

You might think so but even the whippersnapper engineers in my department regularly swap from one system to another. As do I. Over the years I've found that a good number of young people use imperial measurements - surprises me too.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Highlighted
Fixes: 436

I usually do a food shop about every 3 weeks which means it's a large on.

Fortunately I did one of these a couple of days before the virus hit the fan so my daughter has just done a top-up for me yesterday.

One couple I see walking down my road to the shops invariably return with lots of cans of alcoholic drinks and very little food.

Is it really possible to live on beer, some people seem too.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 76.0.1 (64-bit)

Life is tough enough without adding Linux into the mix.
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Is it possible there is some bizarre one upmanship going on.

Charles has allegedly contracted the virus and now from number 10..........

"He's the peoples prince of course he has the virus. What the next move Boris? Tell the press I have it. It will give me endless opportunities to use the catchphrase - We're in this together."

Highlighted
Pro

@rEUnite wrote:

@7up wrote:

And people say there isn’t a God...

Considering people are dying every day that's bang out of order.

Highlighted
Aspiring Champion

Now thats what i call self isolation.

Evil

Highlighted
Rising Star
Fixes: 4

Maybe a step to far…?