Did you mean: 

Coronavirus

wotsup
Seasoned Champion

Re: Coronavirus

@twocvbloke wrote:

Woohoo!!! Emergency situation!!!

I wonder when the boys crying wolf will get a sore throat and shut up? 😂

So its OK to cart new viruses halfway around the world and kill peole, as long as

the ones who survice are immune - great philosphy you have there. 

Everyone says 'well I'm OK' right up until the time it affects them, then their

attitude changes real quick.  Our health service cannnot cope with an epedemic,

they are too busy dealing with the problems of people who abuse their bodies or

simply do not look after themselves and expect the NHS to pick up the pieces.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

@jab1 wrote:

Maybe someone could give them an injection to prevent verbal poop?Wink

Or better yet, give them a tonic made with ground up cherry stones, I hear it also cures all that ails them... 😂

Community Veteran

@wotsup wrote:

So its OK to cart new viruses halfway around the world and kill peole, as long as

the ones who survice are immune - great philosphy you have there. 

Well, the whole "EVERYONE RUN AROUND SCARED [-Censored-] BECAUSE THIS MIGHT KILL YOU!!!" thing is just as ridiculous, look at the Ebola scare, people were scared because millions were going to die, and, er, they didn't, same buildup as what is going on now to Ebola hype, it was controlled, this will be controlled, people will take the mickey out of those who plopped their pants in fear for believing the cries of a wolf that wasn't there... 😋

If it does become a pandemic, then I'll eat my hat, but I won't be marinating it in anything tasty any time soon... 😁ghun

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules.
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

I get the jokes guys but are you not making light of what could be a very serious situation?

MRSA is certainly no fun if you catch it in hospital, neither is the reluctance to supply antibiotics as they are becoming all but useless against these new outbreaks  - and it's not like we ain't been here before.  Spanish flu saw off 50 million people at the beginning of the last century - 10 million more than died during the entire first world war, and the Bubonic plague wiped out over half of the population of Europe.

Verbal poop maybe and spread faster because of social media, but still serious stuff and I should know as I contracted sepsis whilst in hospital following a mild stroke - but not to worry, they never charged me for it. 😉

Community Veteran

This reminds me of one of my favourite old series.

Survivors 

I'll dig it out for a rewatch. I might need it for tips.

Even in that fiction the bug originated in China and swiftly travelled around the world courtesy of the aircraft.

Remember the title sequence.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Ah yes, that 1968 flu pandemic, an outbreak in the late 60s that killed an estimated one million people worldwide.

Hong Kong flu?

It surely was. 😉

The Survivors of course was made shortly afterwards... so no suprises there. 

Community Veteran

@Minivanman wrote:

I get the jokes guys but are you not making light of what could be a very serious situation?

Citing pandemics from over a century ago isn't convincing enough to cause worry though, virology has changed a lot since then and the scientists behind the cures and vaccines are already working on dealing with it, so the whole "PANIIIIIIIIC!!!!" nonsense is just going to make matters worse than if we just got on with our lives, so sit back & relax, the end ain't nigh, unless you do decide to panic and have a heart attack or brain aneurysm from the unnecessary stress of it all...

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

May I refer my learned friend to my previous post with regards the Hong Kong flu pandemic. 😁

Community Veteran

Even in the 60s virology was still archaic compared to what we have today, so millions died back then, but today, maybe a few thousand unlucky so and so's, nothing more...

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Well I hope you are right with regards to the future, but it does pay I think to be both cautious and aware rather than dismisive of all and everything.

Just saying. 😐

TTman
All Star

@twocvbloke Sorry cant panic about this..too busy panicing.....too busy panicing about global warming at the moment!!Evil

Community Veteran

Well, let's just say I'm more worried about slipping off the bog mid-job and landing in the cat litter next to it, anything else, cross that bridge as I come to it... 🤣

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@TTman 

I'm still calming down after Brexit. 😎 

wotsup
Seasoned Champion

Chinese authorities close down all transport in Wuhan to try to stop spread of virus,  at least they are taking it seriously.  This is a new strain of coronavirus  not seen in humans before. Takes about six months to produce vaccine after new virus is identified....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-51215348

Champnet
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

Nice to have options, killer virus, global warming or nuclear fallout....