Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coronavirus

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 22

Re: Coronavirus

Just don't get confused and start doing your daily exercise and daily drinking at the same time.  😬

Bee Alert >> Spray safe >> Save hives
Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 9

@VileReynard wrote:

Had to laugh when the TV said he was "working at home"!

Does that mean he goes around his Scottish home shaking hands with his staff and uttering platitudes such as, "Have you come far?"  The answer would probably be something like, "No, just from upstairs your Royal Highness."  Followed by the traditional royal conversation ender of, "That's very interesting."

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 32

Well, I was keeping out of this, but having been to the large Sainsburys and Tesco over the past couple of days, I find it incredulous that people are still stockpiling loo and kitchen roll 🤣

Went to Sains on Tuesday afternoon and found eight lonely packs of four so bought one as I'm down to my last roll and a half. Went to Tesco this afternoon and saw two packs of Tesco brand kitchen rolls (but didn't buy any cos I've still got four rolls in the cupboard).

Is it me, or are people stark raving stupid?Undecided

John
Highlighted
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 18

In America, they are panic buying guns & extra ammunition - think yourself lucky.

At least a toilet roll thrown in anger can only cause minimal harm.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

None of this has stopped the junk mail arriving.

It did give me a wry smile when I saw what was at the top of the pile - funeral plans.

At least someone seems to be doing well out of this.

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 32

@VileReynard wrote:

In America, they are panic buying guns & extra ammunition - think yourself lucky.

At least a toilet roll thrown in anger can only cause minimal harm.

That's if you can find one to throw. 😉

America is a big, crazy country - just look who they have for President, personally I wouldn't trust him as the chairman of a parish council.

John
Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 22

@jab1 wrote:

As the great H L Mencken wrote:

No one in this world, so far as I know—and I have searched the record for years, and employed agents to help me—has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people.

Bee Alert >> Spray safe >> Save hives
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

@jab1 wrote:

Well, I was keeping out of this, but having been to the large Sainsburys and Tesco over the past couple of days, I find it incredulous that people are still stockpiling loo and kitchen roll 🤣

Went to Sains on Tuesday afternoon and found eight lonely packs of four so bought one as I'm down to my last roll and a half. Went to Tesco this afternoon and saw two packs of Tesco brand kitchen rolls (but didn't buy any cos I've still got four rolls in the cupboard).

IF you become infected and cannot go outside, you need supplies. In order to have those emergency supplies you need to stock up.

This problem is one of the supermarkets not making enough stock available. They have failed to foresee the problem unfolding before them and as a result a lot of people are in the ....

They also need to start rationing items.

I'll admit we've also stocked up (bet nobody else here will admit to it) however we did so bit by bit - not all in one go. There's 3 of us here and yes i did stock up on bog rolls too. I found a supplier that was literally struggling to shift them so i bought some.. a week later when the real panic set in the entire lot shifted!

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Yup @7up 

My sister was telling me how much better local shops are then the big supermarkets.

I live in a village, not far from a couple of towns which have the bigger supermarkets. Round here everyone knows your face and name. So I get "Hello Alex ..."

(My forum name is my real name in case anyone hadn't already have guessed - I am too boring to think of something else! 😁)

You'd struggle to get anyway with anything here, not that I am trying to of course. I do actually need some kitchen and toilet roll - for the original reason of clearing up mess (say no more!) so I will try tomorrow to get some more round here.

Down to one roll each now 😪

Well at least people can now accuse me of talking rubbish on these forums 😉 

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

@jab1 wrote:

Yes, yes they are...

After all, if they need a palletload of pootickets to last a few weeks of isolation or quarantine, then they have bigger problems than a virus, or they also have a stomach virus like norovirus, but still doesn't need that much toilet fodder... 🤔

As I've said before, it's not the virus that worries me, it's the humans and their behaviour, whether greedy hoarding, ignorance, or just plain stupidity (like licking shelves of goods or trump expecting things to be "normal" come easter!!!)...

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

One admittedly very minor thing seems to have slipped under the radar. This social distancing of two metres. Shouldn't they have said six feet.

Maybe then the BBC wouldn't have felt the need to have a news page devoted to what two metres looks like. 

Highlighted
All Star

From my early days in a joinery company I remember a standard door is 6'6" in height, about 2 meters.

Easy to remember..

Champion

How would that of helped when the Imperial System of Units hasn't been used, or even taught in schools for decades?....

Highlighted
All Star

@DaveyH wrote:

How would that of helped when the Imperial System of Units hasn't been used, or even taught in schools for decades?....

Look at a standard door, it's about 2 meters, what could be simpler ?

Highlighted
Champion

My point being the majority use metric, so why confuse things by using an outdated system used by only those clinging to the past...