Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coronavirus vaccination

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Coronavirus vaccination

China is offering a experimental coronavirus vaccination to the general public for approx £ 40.

A few things about this strike me as strange, if it’s experimental then why let the world know about it until such time as it has shown to be effective.

If it is effective how long have they had this vaccine and it would make sense for the senior or more important people to have it before it was offered to the general public....

Simply something to think about as the rest of the world is going bust and China is likely to overtake America as the leading country.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 41

Re: Coronavirus vaccination

Marketing tactic....

Chinese families tend to be large, therefore you are talking a big sum of money per family household..... 5 shots = £200

At £40 a shot... only the rich Chinese will be able to afford it, anyway..

Thousands of Chinese families COULD afford it... there are a few million chinese in the country... so.. do the maths...

Great way to pay for the experimental stage.d....

As you say.. experimental... might  be some way of getting rid of the richer opposition... get them to buy a dodgy vaccination... they die...

Not my fault guv.... they wanted to pay for it... !

C

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Experimental and money making or not, the usual criteria has to be bypassed surely if we are going to contain the spread.

Circumstances dictate but if I had a young family to support and could afford it, I'd be more than happy to pay £40 a shot on the chance it might work and I don't mean to be critical, but aren't we being just more than a bit biased against the Chinese here. At least the have come up with something - which at this stage of the game is better than nothing.

So that's four pancake rolls, fried rice, sweet n sour chicken.... and two covid injections please. 😋

Not for me mind, but you can bet your boots many would if it was offer here.  

Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not who somebody else is today
Highlighted
Champion
Fixes: 1

Trump got the vaccination

Highlighted
Community Veteran

Think I might write a book.....fiction of course.

A country discovers a deadly virus and after working on it for some time discovers a vaccine...that is tested and works....

So the top brass and all the important people get the vaccine and some time later the virus is released into the population...

Thousands die but the virus spreads across the world killing millions.....

Much later that‘Vaccine’ is discovered that works so is released to the general population......

Said country is thanked by most world leaders for the discovery....

Economies across the world are destroyed leaving the country that released the virus as the most powerful in the world.

Pure fiction of course....but....bet you have seen plenty of films and series with poorer plots than that.

😀

Highlighted
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 6

Sounds good @gleneagles, could be a best seller! But it's like the Russian 'vaccine' ....'impossible' shouts the West. Only time will tell if the concoction they have come up with, actually works. And then they'd be accused of stealing it. The plot in your book thickens!!!!!! 😄

Sadly I expect any vaccine will be like the flu jab....hit and miss!

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Highlighted
Community Veteran

George Orwell.....1984.

OK, he got the year wrong but.......

Some famous writers of fiction have not been far off the mark with some stories that may cease to be fiction in time.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 41

@gleneagles wrote:

Economies across the world are destroyed leaving the country that released the virus as the most powerful in the world.

Pure fiction of course....but....bet you have seen plenty of films and series with poorer plots than that.

😀

Huh... Not so...... China`s economy has risen by over 4.5% in the past year......   wonder why  ? ? ? 

Praps its cos we ( and the rest of the world ) had to buy lots of PPE and other medical equipment from them..... to treat the virus attacked people... BIG MONEY there for some...

https://www.ft.com/content/22108ddd-3280-4013-bcd8-1adc9e6ae13d