cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cornwall Floods

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Cornwall Floods

The Duchy of Cornwall, provides an "income" to the present (and past) Duke of Cornwall.... in other words, he is the "LANDLORD".... and should bear some responsibliity in the repair and maintainance of his property.... If a "normal" landlord receives rent from his tennants, and the building suffers damage, then he is liable to repair it. Surely the same should apply to the Duke of Cornwall.....
4 REPLIES
nadger
Rising Star

Re: Cornwall Floods

I don't think that The Duchy of Cornwall owns the whole county so I only think he should help his own tenants if they are affected.
Must be really horrible if ones property has been flooded and I understand some people flooded in Cockermouth, last year, can no longer get insurance or sell their properties.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Except the Duchy of Cornwall isn't the landlord of Cornwall
The Estate
The Duchy consists of around 54,090 hectares of land in 23 counties, mostly in the South West of England. The principal activity of the Duchy is the sustainable and commercial management of its land and properties. The Duchy also has a financial investment portfolio.

This is a map showing the holdings and the total area of the Duchy is about 0.015% of the area of Cornwall
http://www.duchyofcornwall.org/aroundtheduchy.htm
Denzil
Grafter

I was about to say that, but Oldjim beat me to it. Lord Falmouth is the biggest single landowner in the county.
Community Veteran

Surely any landlord has a responsibility to a tenant in his property Undecided