cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy & Paste

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Copy & Paste

I am trying to include a photograph in a forum discussion but having no luck.
I thought it was a simple  matter of copy & paste but that's not working as all I am doing is giving a link  to the photo on my computer which is not what I want.
I Use Picasa , does it contain some facility which would allow me to do this ?
Please note I am not talking making an attachment as done in an e-mail or posting a link to the photo in Picasa.
Am Using Linux but assume that's irrelevant.
Thanks.
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Re: Copy & Paste

Assuming that you are talking about this forum there are only  two options
Use Additional Options when posting or link to a website where the picture is hosted
Community Veteran

Oldjim,
No I was not referring to this particular forum.
I Will have a look at the additional options.
Thanks
Community Veteran

Many forums block images completely due to the server demands (capacity and bandwidth).
This can include links shown as images.
Community Veteran

Menu available lists the following,
Open with image viewer
Cut
Copy
Make Link
Rename
Copy to Home Folder
Move to
Move to Rubbish Bin
Delete
Resize Icon
Send to
Compress
Open as Administrator
Set as Wall paper
Properties
Not sure exactly what if anything I should use in this list, copy & Paste just gives the Link.
Community Veteran

The fact that Picasa gives all those options isn't relevant - the limiting factor is the forum software and the permissions
David_W
Rising Star

Upload the image to a site like image shack, it'll give you a random url where the picture can be found, then you use the [img] tags to direct you to where the image is stored on the web.  Picasa should be able to upload the pictures to googles image hosting (think you get 2gb space, can't remember) but then you got to mess with privacy settings and such so it's a bit of a hassle.
Community Veteran

I Have managed to make some progress on this but am struggling with the image size.
The following seems to work,
1. Select image in Picasa
2. Open LINK TO THIS PHOTO option
3. Select IMAGE ONLY (no Link)
4. Select Preferred size.
5. Click on the code in the EMBED IMAGE Box, right mouse click and copy to clipboard
Then in your forum message,
6. Select the INSERT IMAGE option from the menu above the smiles and paste the code into it.
7. Finally, and this is vital............The code begins https, simply delete the letter s from the the https leaving just http
That it !
Still struggling with the clipboard bit as I don't think it exists in Linux, must be a few others on the forum who post full size photos on forums so would be grateful for any further comments,
I take onboard the points Oldjim has made regarding forum software and permissions.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I use Flikr, it has a section called "Action" when you select a picture, one of the actions is picture size,  it gives a selection of available sizes, select one and it shows on screen, the I right click on the picture and "Copy Image Location"
On the Forum generally they have an image radio button, click that and paste the image location on it generally works
this also works with Photobucket
Community Veteran

Thanks for all the feedback, finally sorted it out, picasa allows the picture to be enlarged up to 800mps so including that with my earlier post...  success.
Odd really but I have never needed to do this before and just assumed it was copy and paste.