cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cop This

Infinity
Pro
Posts: 5,591
Thanks: 148
Fixes: 2
Registered: 19-06-2011

Cop This

Police Responder hybrid sedan - a modified Ford Fusion - is the first "gasoline-electric" car to be "pursuit rated"

Ford-Police_Responder_Hybrid_Sedan-2018-1600-02.jpg

 

US police will soon be saving the environment as well as fighting crime thanks to a new hybrid car powered by both petrol and batteries.

 US forces with fleets of more than a thousand vehicles will save millions of dollars a year using "gas-electric" cars.

The new car, which was unveiled in New York and Los Angeles, will be on the streets in the summer of 2018 and can go from zero to 60mph in 8.7 seconds.

 

http://www.ford.com/fordpoliceresponder/

 

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2017/04/10/ford-police-responder.html

7 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Posts: 4,593
Thanks: 750
Fixes: 3
Registered: 06-11-2014

Re: Cop This

90% of Fords ever made are still on the road today, the other 10% actually got there... Funny

Community Veteran
Posts: 13,919
Thanks: 514
Fixes: 7
Registered: 01-08-2007

Re: Cop This

Found On Road Dead... as they say..

I suspect the environment has nothing to do with this car really. It's more like the lazy plods can creep up on unsuspecting criminals nice and quietly without having to park a few extra yards away and walk.

You have to see the bigger picture... sorry i mean doughnut..

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Infinity
Pro
Posts: 5,591
Thanks: 148
Fixes: 2
Registered: 19-06-2011

Re: Cop This

It's not actually that fast !!

 

But then it is heavy, laden down with extra Police items.

 

(My Jazz Hybrid does 0-50mph in Automatic Sport Mode in just 6.5 seconds, reducing to 5.5 seconds if I use the Manual Gear Paddles behind the steering wheel. Because it has two driving motors, especially at low speeds, the incredible torque from the Electric motor gives it plenty of oomph. This advantage however disappears at speeds of over 50mph, in straight acceleration.)

Minivanman
Hero
Posts: 4,794
Thanks: 1,046
Fixes: 1
Registered: 04-11-2014

Re: Cop This

Call that a car? Wink

The Italian police have just added one of these to their fleet donated by Lamborghini - uber stylish while chasing crooks, but who gets to drive it I wonder?

Seem to recall back in the 60s when Brighton Police I think it was tried out a Daimler Dart and I actually spotted it being driven on the old A23 by a couple of police sergeants. I bet poor old PC Joe Blogs never even got a look in.

 

3500.jpg

 

 

 

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran
Posts: 4,593
Thanks: 750
Fixes: 3
Registered: 06-11-2014

Re: Cop This

Pff, you could outrun that lambo with a trio of Minis... Funny

 

dfab72d5c5d1b6aa6a519e87d2fa04af

Minivanman
Hero
Posts: 4,794
Thanks: 1,046
Fixes: 1
Registered: 04-11-2014

Re: Cop This

"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors offRoll eyes

 

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran
Posts: 2,282
Thanks: 218
Fixes: 1
Registered: 04-08-2009

Re: Cop This

But then it is heavy, laden down with extra Police items.

 

And a dirty great heavy battery that also wears the tyres out extra fast!