Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cookies what if you don't accept?

Highlighted
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Cookies what if you don't accept?

@Jonpe wrote:

So it takes computer literate people five years to realise that IE isn't the only browser? Laugh 

We're talking Windows users here.... Roll_eyes

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 43

@TheRoadCrew This Windows user hasn't used IE since Firefox was released - and his first home PC ran W95.Cheesy

John
Highlighted
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

@jab1 wrote:

@TheRoadCrew This Windows user hasn't used IE since Firefox was released - and his first home PC ran W95.Cheesy

Mine was DOS 6.2 and Windows 3.11. Lips_are_sealed Roll_eyes

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
Highlighted
Hero

@Pete11  You must be older than me, then. Wink Mind you, I was using and helping to design systems for the system we used at work before then No idea what the mainframe ran on, but I do remember it occupied two specially strengthened floors in what is now a Holiday Inn.

John
Highlighted
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

@jab1 wrote:

Win95 as an Electron app running on Win10 running on a Chromebook GrinWin95.PNG

Highlighted
Hero

Apart from Solitaire, I don't think there's anything i want to revisit on there, thank you.Grin

John
Highlighted
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

@jab1 wrote:

@Pete11  You must be older than me, then. Wink Mind you, I was using and helping to design systems for the system we used at work before then No idea what the mainframe ran on, but I do remember it occupied two specially strengthened floors in what is now a Holiday Inn.

I can still remember the system I was using at the time. A 286 with a massive 4 meg ram and gigantic 2 gig hard drive. Also had a 5 and a quarter inch floppy drive, with a 3 and a half inch one as well. Ahhhh...those were the days. Grin

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

@shutter wrote:

I like cookies.....   Chocolate chip one`s are the best though ! ..Cheesy  to get back to the OP..

I feel like reporting this to the mods as a very bad joke.
@shutter and Mods - no that is a joke of course. Tongue

Talking of using the internet and old devices can't remember how this popped up on my YouTube but there is someone who managed (and it looks real), to use the internet on a Commodore 64. Yes that is a computer I remember as I grew up with it and I still have one now - it does look nice on my HD TV. Cool

I am tempted to go old school and give it a go, though it will cost around £100 for an Ethernet cartridge, and if I were to joke with PlusNet support and people on here I am having trouble using the internet on my C64 then you'd all think I was trying to have a laugh.

Yes I am old enough to remember Netscape Navigator just before Internet Explorer was released - I seem to remember Microsoft debasing the internet at the time and look how wrong they were.

Highlighted
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 6

@shutter wrote:

I like cookies.....   Chocolate chip one`s are the best though ! ..Cheesy  to get back to the OP..

Some sites use a HUGE BANNER across the page, .......some use an even more "USER FRIENDLY" approach, and put it as a banner at the bottom of the page so you can ignore it if  you wish...  but my favourite one to click is this site...

https://www.tvguide.co.uk/?systemid=3&cTime=2/12/2014%207:00:00%20PM&thisTime=&thisDay=&catColor=

Which does give a large banner... but what I do like is  the choices...REJECT ALL or ACCEPT ALL... so I click on REJECT ALL...the site still works as it should.... 

Mmm no banner here or ads for that matter on that website 🙂 Presumably the banner is what should be in the big black hole in the middle. But then I use Firefox, No Script and Adblock. Most times it doesn't make a blind of difference how the website works. Just gets rid of most of the junk from being downloaded in the first place.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Highlighted
Seasoned Pro

@shutter wrote:

Some sites use a HUGE BANNER across the page, BULLYING  you to click on it, to get rid .... ( Plusnet is one such site)...  some sites use a more discreet approach... just across the middle of the page..  some use an even more "USER FRIENDLY" approach, and put it as a banner at the bottom of the page so you can ignore it if  you wish...  but my favourite one to click is this site...

https://www.tvguide.co.uk/?systemid=3&cTime=2/12/2014%207:00:00%20PM&thisTime=&thisDay=&catColor=

Which does give a large banner... but what I do like is  the choices...REJECT ALL or ACCEPT ALL... so I click on REJECT ALL...the site still works as it should.... 

Here is my favourite, most user friendly, humorous one I have seen it. Not intrusive and puts a smile on your face the 1st time you read it! 

1.PNG

If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.