cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling dog poo

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Controlling dog poo

It's another Daily Mail story, but I reckon this land owner must have spend £10,000 to protect his land from owners allowing their dogs to leave their poo on his field. It looks a bit extreme, but I can understand his annoyance.
A 1M high  wire stock fence would have been a tenth of the price, but he found "vandals" had cut through the wire fence he tried.
edit: oops forgot to add the link.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Controlling dog poo

Good for him..... Well done, that man.... He has given the locals what they wanted.... a free to use footpath, across his land... and he is protecting the environment from dog ****, whilst maintaining his right to farm the land as he sees fit, and not having to fear for contamination of his land.
Community Veteran

Well done to him. I can bet it will have the tree-huggers up in arms though Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

I haven't bothered to read the DM story but from reading elsewhere the problem wasn't a few dog walkers it was a load of professional dog walkers with multiple dogs all day as stated by a neighbour who was very pleased to see the fence
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

That was mentioned in the DM report, Jim....
peter10
Grafter

Dog mess is a real problem in many parts of the country so good for him.I regularly visit Washburn Valley in Yorkshire and there are signs saying dogs should be on a lead but on a recent walk around only one out of over twenty dogs was on a lead. I don't believe that only 1 in 20 dog owners can read so I guess that they feel that the notices don't apply to them.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

We have a similar type of fencing where we sometimes walk the dog.  It is green so matches the rest of the landscape and no one is really bothered about it.
I say the man has done a great job protecting his livestock and no noise at 6am would be heavenly!!
See attachment of the fences where I walk (lined in red on each side of fence)
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. BT Infinity Customer using a BT Smart Hub. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs Up
Community Veteran

A great approach benefiting farmer and walkers. Well done to the farmer.
Thunderclap
Grafter

Angry There's got to be an App for that?