cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contents insurance this time...

Fixes: 121

Contents insurance this time...

Last year I paid £108.42 with the AA.
Got their email renewal quote for just over £202 - almost double!
Got an online quote as a new customer for just over £114.
Will now wait for the usual phone call as I didn't buy straightaway and will probably talk them into another £5 or £10 off Wink

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

2 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Contents insurance this time...

Beware of " AA insurance"..... they are acting as banker/broker for other company and thier quote usually includes a monthly fee. 
I had household insurance with them , which I cancelled after 6 months, (and mucho argumento with them) eventually.... then I noticed my bank statement was still paying AA insurance about £6 PER MONTH for the "loan" to pay for the original insurance..!  managed to get that stopped and a couple of months overpayments returned....
I figured that they act as a "loan" company, paying the full premium up front, but charging you monthly for the "privelige"....
Fixes: 121

Re: Contents insurance this time...

Until a couple of years ago I had both contents and car insurance with the AA for a number of years. They were always the most competitive and never had any problems with them regarding payments or the one claim I did have to make 4 years ago.
The only reason I switched to Hastings Direct two years ago for car was because they simply had a better deal.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still